Utah: 1977 Motobecane 50v project/parts bike!!

I bought this a couple weeks ago thinking I wanted a project, now I'm graduation school in a month and moving to who knows where for a new job (hopefully) and realized I don't want to be moving with 4 mopeds in my stable so I'm thinning the herd.

I haven't taken much action on this project except to check spark, which it has, and check out the carb, which is a newer dellorto that is clean as a whistle. The tank is good too, not perfect there's a tiny patch of rust, but definitely good enough to use as it is no filter or anything.

Cosmetically it's in kind of rough shape, but everything is there and I'm sure someone with a little more time could get it running with ease. Oh I also checked the timing and it's about 1mm before TDC right now, which isn't quite the 2mm it's supposed to be, but seems like it should be close enough for it to start right? Points look clean too. From what I've been researching on here it sounds like it's probably the condenser, but I'm obviously not 100% on that.

Bought it for $200, got a $30 seat for it cause the stock one was trashed. Hoping to get at least $200 for it with the seat.

1302027021_img_0059.jpg

Re: Utah: 1977 Motobecane 50v project/parts bike!!

I don't know how to attach multiple pics...

1302027053_img_0061.jpg

That appears to be a 50L

yep. dimoby clutch. super small rear gear and especially the belt guard gives it away.

Ok sounds good sorry don't really know mobys at all. 50L it is!

Ok took it apart and the piston/cylinder had a terrible seal so I'm probably just gonna go ahead and kit it if I'm spending money on a cylinder.

I wont be ordering the parts for at least a few days though so if anyone wants to buy it as is I'd still be up for that! Just drop another $300 for so on a kit and pipe and have yourself a ripper!

Hey Vinny send me some picture to my email love to see the bike then we talk

There's a couple pics attached here, but I emailed them to ya!

Someone please buy this before I start kitting it and can't afford to eat!!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account