FS: Tomos "Super Tom" TX50

Is your name Tom?

Are you Super?

Do you like mono-shocks, kickstart A35's, and tiny mag wheels?!?!??!

Then here is a bike for you!!!!

It is actually an A35 powered Tomos Dirt-bike called a TX-50 from 2002.

It Has a just cleaned and re-jetted Dellorto 14-12 with a disabled choke (previous owner clipped the nub that hold the choke plate), a sweet two speed with new trans fluid (My secret formula), good front and back brakes with "TX only" style controls, a kill button that works, a light coil that is functioning as i tested at between 4 and 16 VAC but as this had no lights (off-road use only) there is no voltage regulator: so it needs lights and a VR to run on the road/ pretty simple job, good 10" tires off-road style (i found plenty of 10" sporty tires online)

Thats about it.

it runs good,wheelies if you goose it a little and shifts smooth and firm at about 15mph and tops out at 32mph on the road with 26 front and 27 rear gears.

The not so great:

A little loud without a real baffle,

Also the cover on the left side that would normally house an oil pump is missing, I believe it would say TOMOS on it normally.

i would like to get $450 for it but I am trying to be realistic and will take $400.

I really would rather sell it outright (not part out) as I got a second worse condition one with it and i don't really need two TXs.

So if you have questions or any offers that are mostly cash like, Simonini+cash or Real Dellorto 19+ phgb w/cash feel free to email me or post them here.

Can also Deliver to Nashville this weekend with some notice as i might not bring it if i am not gonna sell it.

Re: FS: Tomos "Super Tom" TX50

Can I get a size comparison? I kinda want it!

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

its magnumX sized. Fun little bikes!

it is super dark out already but i can ride it albiet a little uncomfortably. with some moved pegs and handlebar choices this could fit me (6'1" ) pretty good.

this picture was taken while i was cleaning it up, there is a 20oz powerade in the foreground and a large MAC screwdriver on the table.

in the backround is a WD-40 can or similar sized spray can

Andrew Squiggman /

i have one. its tiny. i dont know, but i think the monoshock definitely needs to br replaced with a hd one if an adult will ride it, imo.

^^Yes you are right on the shock softness

But... the "Ebay" is full of mono shocks made specifically for non 60-115lbs. riders. I looked into it for the other one i have, but i only weigh 145 and if i actually sit in the seat (forward) it rides fine.

Any way

BUMP and explain.

How much will you take for it in nashville? Email me cash in hand...

"i would like to get $450 for it but I am trying to be realistic and will take $400."

that means if you want it for 400 or cash plus trade I will bring it and likely sell it for that.

Otherwise i might leave it here cause space on the trailer is pretty tight. Also if someone were to hit my magical number of Poop my pants happy $450 i would sell it to them, unless i had your cash in my hand already.

So If you are super stoked about it you can paypall me the whole deal and lock it up right now (or when i wake up in the morning)

I might get excited tomorrow and make a video but probably not, bump with any questions or email me if you want to make an offer.

lemme think on it. 400 would be the absolute most i could pay, but id rather not drop a ton on a bike i couldnt LEGALLY ride on the street. haha. regardless, that thing is so goofy and rad. i love it. kudos on the bike!

torrential rain today and grad school has/will prevent me from posting a ripp roaring video, but this is A BUMPERONI!!!!!!

Anyone? I am listening.... But right now the trailer may be too packed for this if I don't have someone yo buy it in Nashville already.

Entertaining trades with mostly cash and a performance part(s)

Day before rally bumpers

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

what parts are you lookin for? i really only want the rims, but could deal with the whole thing...

Puch pipes big Dell carbs or possibly complete four petal reed block intake setups. Mostly just cash though, email replied about wherls

not ftting on the trailer so get at me in wilmington if interested in this or email me before i leave at 445 am

Bumpers

Anyone, I am willing to part out the other one if it gets me my money back I am keep this one.

10" mags- monoshock swingarm, forks, kickstart A35 with CDI (no topend)

Listening to better offers about either the super Tom or the part out.

Bumperoni sandwich,

Jeremy from bandits haven't heard a no from you, too bad I hung out with your buddies in the catch truck in Nashville too.

the motard in question, In action.

Thank you to my lovely assistant

!

!

offers? cmon if no-one wants this i will start a new thread with the other one to sell parts but i would rather sell this one as a running complete bike then part out the other.

But i will i guess so i can build a 10" wheeled mono-shocked epic twisty devourerrer out of this perfectly good dirtbike

bump rejetted this thing and did a couple of lo lean back wheelies, (before the plug fouled.... new 60s jets in the mail, i may have to keep this)

GET REALIZED! BE HERE NOW! /

I have a complete set of mag wheels and tires from one of these if anyone out there just wants some wheels.

^dude not cool! I am selling a tomos tx50$ and or parting it out and you post your identical wares in my thread??

Start your own please!

So in case you did not pick up on that, I have complete set of Italian mags and tires with axles brakes and everything. Email me.

10" awesome!!!!!

GET REALIZED! BE HERE NOW! /

I was under the impression you weren't parting it out... But whatever... Sorry bud.

I would rather sell it complete but I would part it out, kickstart a35 or whatever parts shipped. Holler bump.

ehhh 450 is pretty steep, i bought one of these about a month ago for 100 bucks running but his is ohio...

Yeah, I just sold one to Chicago for $100. Mostly complete.

It says 400$ but I understand that may be too much, that's why I put offers or offer/trades for used stuff. I think it is pretty awesome and I paid more than 50 or 100 for it not running well. Sooooooooooo....

Still listening

still have this one and the parts one, would part one or the other, wheels front forks monoshock setup with swingarm, runnning kickstart a35 with cdi whatever for the right price. have had a couple of offers.

shit buy it for a kid because you already have all the tomos parts to work on it.......

yea you are thinking about it.,

No more lowballers left in the Army, how about some middle reasonable people dont need the i have to get this tonight guys just yet, just wanting to sell this complete before i have to part it out.

(Translation: Offers?)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account