Cost of mopeds on the increase ?

Here in the land of cheap mopeds (columbus Ohio) the Craigs List has a bunch of peds listed for over $400.00. They don't seem to be selling like "hot cakes" tho.

Re: Cost of mopeds on the increase ?

Same here in Memphis. People want $600 for non-runners.

I've seen most markets fall significantly since summer 09...

summer, summer, summer time

Zack Rineer /

luck....... i bought a motobecane a month ago for $50

gone now

my buddy just got a sweet tomos Trike for 150 buck with 15 miles on it.

It is getting warmer, prices go up every spring, and go down every fall. Simple economics of supply and demand

$4.00 a gallon gas will push the demand up, I've noticed a lot of china scoots for sale , the only peds i see out there still have 2008 prices lol

400 you guys are gettin deals! well considering every moped in ontario is 800+. luckily i got my pinto for 300. i saw an ad for a honda pa50ii i think it was the guys like oh its in great condition paints good then he lists problems: no headlight, no throttle cable and no rear brake cable. he was askin 1200 i think it was somethin over 1000. he didnt even have a picture of it.

Interesting. I was just thinking that on the whole, prices are down. I bought a Sebring here (MI) three years ago for $650 which was considered, at the time, a really good deal according to most. Since then I've bought a Sachs for $350 (had been for sale for awhile), a Garelli SSXL for $375 and looked a 2hp Puch for $300, all in very good shape. I just feel like 2-3yrs ago it was hard to find anything nice and running under $500, and how people are having trouble moving them. That's MI though, and this is purely anecdotal.

nerdzilla No mo Peds no mo /

yeah... i think that too many people read that assholes ad for the 1000$ hero majestic. then they think, i got one of those, its gotta be worth near that much.

fuckers.

EXACTLY what nerdy said^ That's what it is...the $950 Hero spammer. Only the asking prices are going up in Columbus, not the selling prices. Big diff.

oh yeah....

WRONG FORUM FUCKFACE!!

in maine they dont have much of a demand and one that runs goes between 350 to 700. if the pic I attached works I just piked it up today and it runs for 100

1301350171_dscn1766.jpg

@saturn man you got a mad deal on that! was it one of those old guy bought it drove it on weekends things cuz it looks really clean or did you wash it?

Gas prices do not increase moped sales. New scooters yes...mopeds no

Tate in Madison /

Yeah if you remember spring/summer 08 people were selling iffy FA50s for $500.

2 year old chinese scooters were selling over retail.

New chinese scooters were selling for 500+ over retail.

Scooter shops had people waiting for the trucks to come in like they were tickle me elmos.

This year will be similar.

no more wildfire chinese stuff this year

gas going up to $5 a gal

means price of moped are going to be high this summer.

found the link to the hobbit that was a ridiculous price:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-scooters-pocket-bikes-1981-pa50-honda-moped-W0QQAdIdZ270551360

i was wrong its missing the rear axle the headlight pedals and the rear brake cable. only for the extremely low low low price of 1000. what a deal!!!!! cough sarcasm cough (clears throught) i think im catchin somethin

How about this Jawa 207 in C-bus 120$ Firm Runs, needs work, Project ped...Bump. Anybody? Sorry its not a Hero, gotta thin the herd.

1301355925_sparta_jawa_cats_024.jpg

it's true, 08 was bonkers for expensive bikes. last year there were a bunch of good deals to be had, i'm expecting this summer with 4+ a gallon gas we'll see more people shedding dough for a good ped; maybe i should sell one or two, buy myself some hookers and blow

Hookers and blow yeeeessss

thats cause more and more dirty hipsters want mopeds.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

Jello how does a hobbit be "missing a rear axle"?

so far in PA prices are down about 100 from last two years for nice riders, and cheap bikes that need some fixing are getting scarcer. think i found em all...

i bought 2 yamahoppers here in wichita that were advertised as "not running/found in trash" for 125 a couple weeks ago, they turned out to be both in almost perfect shape, one actually started on the first kick after repairing the petcock "aint got no gas in it, mmhmmm"

ive also recently found a very fresh suzuki 50 for 300 and another qt50 that is about %90 complete with good compression for $30

then again i also found a hobbit on wichita craigslist that is missing the handlebars, lights, wiring, ect and not running and is $1200 firm, the lady got very defensive when i asked if her zero key was sticking

^^^ ha ha priceless :)

@ Roburitto i dunno really but thats what it says. p.s the picture he has isnt his honda.

I think stock mopeds that are in real good, reliable condition are what's going up in value in my area. Something someone can buy with no knowledge and ride without working on it all the time. I know thats not always possible but THOSE types of peds are what's selling for more, not a magnum LTD, they were already priced to high.

Just like anything supply and demand. Personally, $1-300 was a superdeal for a reliable mode of transportation, so $500 for the same thing isnt so bad.

Nopeds sell at high prices. Puch and tomos sell pretty decent prices. Everything else is halfway cheap. I've never paid more than $300 for a ped and that was a mint black newport. Other than that I just check cl and what not pretty often and scoop up the non-runners I can for $50-100 a pop. A little elbow grease and maybe $50-100 in parts and I have a nice stock runner for a couple hundred less than I sell them for.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account