FS:FT Custom Yellow Tomos Top Tank

great bike, super fast kick start A35 with arisal kit with technigas pipe (blue baffle) painted black sha 15.15, custom seat and hits 50+ mph

bike has been sitting, focusing on other projects, everything works and it runs great.

wouldnt mind a stock cobra or magnum in mint condition (NO banged up tanks or missing fenders....complete stock bike...or kitted with polini metra or a gila and quality upgrades

1301106370_tomo.jpg

FS:FT Custom Yellow Tomos Top Tank

Price??

Re: FS:FT Custom Yellow Tomos Top Tank

too bad the paint will flake off and it'll look like a zebra soon otherwise cool bike

Wait, you think that someone is going to trade you a magnum or a cobra for that thing?

Every Tomos on here does 50+ mph. God. I usually don't talk shit on people threads but I have a hard time believing that. Maybe I'm wrong.

nerdzilla No mo Peds no mo /

unless theres been some serious port reshaping, polishing, squish setting, timing, gearing, magic (especially with that stock sideshot)...i dont think so. thats got a weaker setup than my gfs tomos and it dont do 50. get us a gps/video.

50 hahaha

Magnum or cobra hahaha

Nice post

Is this a joke?

no spray paint on this (like yours buddy) even my pipe was sprayed with a gun

50+, absolutely, case matched and ported, i'll upload a pic of the rear sprocket.

And yes a reliable Tomos top tank with a bunch of after market parts versus some of those beat up cobra's and magnums i see posted on here

weaker set up than your gf's? what exactly is that set up? most of the stuff I see from you cats are back yard throw together/experiments....lol this build was done by one of the top shops in Chicago. 50+ guarenteed!

1301113245_sprocket.jpg

GET REALIZED! BE HERE NOW! /

AT LEAST THE BACK WHEEL IS CLEAN NOT.

dude. i loled. cobrahhh?!??

wow is that the best remark you have regarding a back wheel? why dont you lick it clean for me

"50 hahaha

Magnum or cobra hahaha

Nice post

Is this a joke?"

umm you have a 97 tomos and youre talking.

sorry man, that's not worth a minty magnum or cobra. it's just not. maybe a project magnum. i want an lx but i would never straight trade away my magnum for one. lx's are just so common...and no offense, but thats not exactly a color scheme that everyone is going to appreciate. would take two peds or an lx plus cash.

jackson

i can respect that but i know someone has a garage full of magnums and nothing else. sometimes its all about diversifying

yes a common bike, but reliable, and a quality build versus one done in someones dark damp basement.

Mint cobra or magnum isnt alot to ask for either, if i buy one it will be under $600 & regarding color scheme, what is "the desired color scheme" ?everyone can't have an all black bike!

a lot of great builds come from dark, dank basements because some people can't or don't want to spend money on fancy shop space when they know they have the skills to do the same quality work in a less than ideal workspace. if you want to use the fact that it was built in a well known shop...thats totally cool...but no need to come down on builders who do awesome custom jobs in less than ideal shop spaces. what shop in chicago did the work?

no of course your ped doesn't need to be black...but consumer color preferences and the effect a color can have on one's interest in buying (or trading) is a really interesting field. there are people out there who are color forecasters...and they actually make a living trying to predict for companies what colors are going to be in high demand each season so the companies can produce their goods based on those predicted colors. for things that move on gas...yellow just isn't a color that is in the upper echelon of desired colors. there are people who like yellow vehicles...just not generally the masses.

ok bumblebee

that swing army looks beat up with rust spots all over it!

propose a trade with the guy who has all the mags and see what he says. probably same response as your getting here. kick starts aren't mopeds in some states.

that ped might run at everything you say, prob does for all i know. mint mags and cobras just don't grow on trees...even here in ohio.

problem seems to be not many people see it as a good trade.

post a price and/or try selling it on cl.

gl.

I agree a top tank tomos is pretty common Magnums less and Cobra's even less. i'd keep the tomos as your def not gonna get a mag or cobra outta this deal. honestly Clist is your best bet. you will get lowballed and bashed on MA not because we are dicks just bc most of the dudes and not dudes on here know what things are worth and you've got to really do something crazy to get props for a tomos 50s where a big deal years ago but the game has changed folks are just getting better and faster by the second. Rule of thumb never buy a "built" moped from a stranger or mystery "top shop in Chiago". This post was doomed from the start SELL IT ON CLIST NOT MA TAKE THE MONEY THAT YOU GET AND BUILD A MAGNUM OR COBRA hunt down every peace spend hrs weeks months searching and searching the end result will be worth it and you will then understand why you will NEVER get a mag or cobra from trading a tomos with partz n stuff.

i hear ya

thanks...i may go the CL route

but its still open for trade or partial trade with cash or other items i have boxed, spare ZA 50, two k star 70 kits, and toher items....sometimes its not even about whats what worth because its all subjective. If i want a rare bike i may pay 1500 for it as other drop 3500, these bike are old and the value is all subjective! i can put a real value on a tomos because i know what they sell for before the after market upgrades!

but yeah if i had a mint cobra i wouldnt part it for a tomos but then again if i had a garage with 5 cobras and NO tomos, hmm maybe i'd consider!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account