FS: 1979 Motobecane Mobylette 30mph MINTY

We are selling a beautiful 1979 Motobecane Mobylette on ebay, here break>

It's got 2.1 miles on the odometer, has never been licensed, comes from an estate where many things were purchased in this vintage and then just stored. The ebay listing has many pictures. We'll work with the winning bidder to ship the moped, as we don't want to limit it to our area only. Use it or display it, this is a one of a kind opportunity!!

1300938853_dscn9725.jpg

Re: FS: 1979 Motobecane Mobylette 30mph MINTY

Display it lol.

Wow!!! Over 30 years old, but looks like it's right off the showroom floor. And in my neck of the woods. I have a moby already and don't have room for more though, but i know some locals that love motobecanes. hopefully it stays around here.

WOW! looks like mine! Would you sell the passenger foot-pegs? I need that kind! Beautiful machine!

Does the licence plate frame say Hopkins schwinn on it?

Yes it does! So cool! I live 3 miles from where that was bought new. Would you sell just the moped cover? If so how much?

Bought my first Moby at Hopkins Schwin when I was 15. Then found the one in my profile pic in California in 2008 for $100.00 Barn fresh. .7 mile on the odometer, yes, less than a mile...never ridden.

I remember when the Minnetonka Police rode Mopeds. They had a bunch of Magnums or Sebrings (top tank machines)...used to cruise up and down Hwy 101. Those would be great peds to locate today!!!!

-Curly

Would absolutely love to sell local! We can deliver it personally in the Twin Cities or St.Cloud area, or make arrangements to meet somewhere.

Sorry, it's listed on eBay with all the parts attached! :)

Hey, Stephen, we're selling the whole setup as a package, and it's already got bids. I don't like to change things while a sale is running--it's hard on the current bidders! But thanks again for your interest!!

FS: 1979 Motobecane Mobylette 30mph MINTY

bump

Stephen - it's on my ebay watch list. If I win the auction, I'll remember that you want the cover.

Thank you, I hope you win it, that is an amazing bike!

Understood.

I remember hearing about those, they would be great to locate. Sweet Moby in your profile!

bump

Bump.

beautiful moped, too bad it's already out of most of our price range.

looking at your ebay auction you have it listed as a 50v

i don't know squat, but thought it would be a 50VLC break> i'm so confused

That could be true, but I just put down the model number that was on the plate on the headstock. Sure seems to have all the bells and whistles though...

The sale ends today!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account