1980 General Five Star toptank V1

Solid straight metal flake green body/frame, great forks with key, super clean inside and solid couple marks only outside metalflak green tank and key, good seat ~ couple small flaws, solid chrome fenders ~ few poc marks, spoke rims are decent not awesome, bars ~ speckles, all controls cables and wiring except right rear signal, headlight and front signals, 50mph 900 miles speedo ~ good needle, V1 is missing the carb and mag side fan/cover, coil ~ no sparkplug/boot, pedals turn ~ clutch is slippery, but I havent cracked open anything on this minarelli at all....

I would much rather trade it than sell it, I would rather sell it than part it

couple offers whole as-is but first dibs to preferred trades for clean/complete mild mannered stock runners... my personal wish list includes: minty 1978 first generation red-n-white PA50-I (PA50-M) Hobbit, Vespa Si, vari Ciao, Rigid Swinger/Free Spirit

Re: 1980 General Five Star toptank V1

I have a decent PA50-I red/white Hobbit I'd trade for that! :) Not super mint, but she's a real good start!

Darnit Monti ,snatchin this from New Phili from me. Ha, I was .gonna get it at 9 but you got it at 8. Keep Ohio bikes in Ohio,Haha...My wife said no anyway, Good find

hit new philly and then took the family horseback riding in jewett, just got it home this evening and snapped some pics... i love the generals but im on a crazy hobbit binge this spring.

brian, email me pix/specs... gas isnt quite $4 yet so toledo isnt out of the question (again) ha.

will bump all week because there is a sale pending this weekend.... BUT ... dibs goes to the right swaps if they happen first...

if you have a cherry 78 hobbit, im even willing to deliver/meet within reasonable drive time for the trade.

maybe other trades, lemme know.

how much you want? Want to send another one in a box?

haha, i figured there was a chance Id here from you ... this would make what? 4 toptank peds you and i have done?

If I am selling outright, there are a couple fellas in line already, but if they bow out before the end of the month, you are up...emailed also.

Still.... a sweet little '78 Hobbit runner trade trumps all sales and Im even willing to deliver/pickup/meet-halfway within a day-trip for the right swap.

to the top.... solid cash offer(s) pending this weekend if I dont find the right trade before then... if you have an interesting trade now is the time... will deliver/meet within a day-trip drive if need be.... especially n.o.s. hobbits, especially 78 red~white.

sold... picking up tomorrow.

ps... one more V1 General 'in the works'...

Such a sweet bike. Still kinda mad I didn,t get it...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account