FS: Rieju 50cc racing motorcycle, Durham, NC

Hi all,

I'm helping a friend of mine sell a Rieju RS-1 race bike. Although it's not technically a moped (no pedals), I thought someone on this forum might have some interest in it.

The bike was originally imported to the US from Spain to run in a 50cc racing series at Virginia International Raceway, and my friend bought the bike after the series ended. The motor is a 50cc AM6 (same as in the Aprilia RS-50), and you can buy big-bore kits to bring it up to 70cc if the power just isn't enough. There's a 6-speed gearbox and a clutch. Brakes are AJP and suspension is Showa. It's been stored in a clean, dry garage without fuel in the tank, and it's in excellent condition.

There's no title, since the bike was brought over for racing and never registered.

He's asking $800, but he'll consider all serious offers, and he just wants to see the bike go to a good home.

You can find more information about the bike at http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/2259434576.html

Thanks,

Ben

Re: FS: Rieju 50cc racing motorcycle, Durham, NC

Timmy Southpark /

I'm pretty sure that is a derbi GPR50 with a slightly different body style. Worth the money

I have a Miata 6 speed manual tranny modified to fit a 1.3 BP engine I could trade..

Unfortunately, I don't think he would have much use for the Miata trans. He might be interested in trades for FB RX-7 or AW11 MR2 parts, though.

Frame is different than GPR50 and RS50. I have some parts left over from an RS1 that I parted if you need anything.

If it was imported without papers getting a title is a pain in the ass...

its-titles.com .. pay the fees

Talked to my friend about the bike today. He's surprised to see that people know about these and are interested in them. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any paperwork for the bike...

Ben

I'm interested in the bike. If this bike was raced at VIR, was it in the USCRA or WERA racing circuit? And if so..who's bike was it?

I'm currently building a full custom frame race bike for the 100cc Constructor's class in USCRA...but honestly, for this price, I wouldn't mind picking up a bike for the Cosmo cup and campaign 2 bikes this coming season!

Thanks,

Larry -

Woo! Durham! Why is it the first time somebody gets on here from Durham it isn't about a moped?

Hi Larry,

I'm not sure how to do private messages on this site, but if you email me at the address listed on the Craigslist ad (sale-wpegk-2259434576@craigslist.org), I'll gladly put you in touch with my friend who's selling the bike, and he can probably answer your questions.

Regards,

Ben

Joseph McMillan /

Do you know if this is still available? My brother had a Castrol RS1 when he was 17 but some lady hit him head on and totaled the bike. I have been looking for another one of these to give him a surprise.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account