1980 Moby

Up for sale is my newly restored 1980 Motobecane. It has been ported,polished,case matched. It has a 70cc kit and bigger carb.Brand new doppler vari and pipe. Its completley original and is a sleeper. Everything works even the horn.This ped rips ass. It was asswmbled by Moto Matic in Sacramento. Im asking 1200.00. Come get, spring time is just around the corner. Besides with gas 4.50 a gallon you will be ahead of the man.

Call 916-251-6827

Email the4js95677@yahoo.com

1300067055_img_0004.jpg

Re: 1980 Moby

Nice bike, but how can it be completely original with a new pipe, pulley, variator, kit and carb?

I'll give you 300 for it.

Thats just it. Looks stock but it aint.This isnt a hack build. Its done right.

Um No. You better save up some more money from your paper route.

It'd be $300 just to buy a stock runner to start turning into a bike like this. +200 kit, +200 pipe +210 pulley +145 variator +100 carb. There's about $1200 there for ya just in parts.

take it or leave it.

Classy.

As old as he is if he doesn't understand how to negotiate, or what supply and demand is, well, I don't even know what to say.

I wonder how much he paid to have it :restored".

Well, your profile states you're "new to mopeds" and obviously you can't use a website to verify the value of parts purchased for this bike, or read my post detailing it. No one on this website would accept $300 for this bike, unless their mom needed a $300 operation to save her life that afternoon.

End result is that you made an insulting offer.

It was meant to be insulting, nice detective work, batman.

Kudos to you for being a douche, then.

Well, he posts on a site for moped enthusiasts, people who mix and match parts and build their bike to be what they want. What he posts is that he has an all original, kitted bike that he paid someone to do for him.

He defends calling it original when you pointed out that his statement was very much incorrect by saying that it "looks" original.

He also states that it is not a "hack" build, which refers derogatorily to just about every bike and therefore just about forumer.

And I am the douche for low balling him, ok.

$700 would be a fare price...

Dude there hack jobs,jankey jobs,and plain out pieces of shit! If your build abilities fall into these catagories or you cant afford to pay somebody the way you want something built then thats your problem. Dont bunch the rest of these guys and forum enthusiasts into your catagory. I never called you or anybody on here a hack. You low balled just to start some shit now move on dude because you cant afford this gem.

[Radium City] kyle k $ /

idk guys, just cause you put $1200 into something doesnt mean you get to sell it at a "fair price" of $1200. 700 sounds a lot better to me

Way to shit on the guys thread you morons. Not you Nate. I think for the condition, parts put into the bike, and the location, that Jerry has his bike priced in the right ball park for asking price. Understand that asking price and selling price are 2 different things but $900 apart. Nice bike and I hope you get what you need out of it.

$700 is a pretty low offer for something that's new enough to be butchered into parts that would sell for over 1200. That said, I do wonder why you'd spend a bunch of money to have a shop build you a moped, only to sell it.

Second: slapping a bunch of bolt-on components for a ton of money onto an already fresh frame isn't a "build done right" - it's just "spared no expense". Not everyone has that kind of money (or desire to spend it), plus some people actually like to work on their mopeds. Does that make them a hack? Well, if their moped works, not in my eyes.

Third, and really the reason why I'm posting, is I wonder if you've realized yet how well you've inadvertently regurgitated the initial ad, the attack reply, and also the general rebuttal, of the hacks who sell Chinese scooters on Craigslist and the people that heckle them.

OP reminds me of one of those guys that goes on Pawn Stars with a not entirely worthless item that they scratched the patina off, or modified it to look "better" then gets all butt-hurt he they tell him it's worth 30% of his asking price.

Changing your Author Name doesn't make you any less of a douche. The market doesn't support an offer of your nature, so stop posting on the thread.

Dude it's pretty obvious it was my last comment was posted from a phone.

Since I am the only one in his market with a true offer I think I am the only one who can make any statement as to what the market can take. It's up to him to take it or leave it, and he obviously left it. Are you his boyfriend or something why are you always coming to his defense? He give a great reach around or what?

Yep. You're right. I'm his boyfriend. Good job. I need him to make more money from this sale so we can go to the Olive Garden for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. Then we're going to rent some VHS tapes. Classy date night shit adds up fast!

So why didn't the boyfriend just build it?seems sketchy

Guys, I have some news.

We're on a site that is about mopeds. This is not, as they say, "serious business".

Let's all just take a moment to "chill" and "makeout". Then we can "let the free market take it's course", and turn all this "flaming" into "flaming passion".

Thank god it was getting so unreasonable you saved us.you gotta boyfriend?

Wanna take me to Olive Garden? I missed my lunch today.

I was talkin to dicbuntu

Oh. Now I'm sad for me, but happy for you two. Congrats!

Sorry, but there's a reason I got a long seat for my ride, and it's because I like the ladies.

I do, however, have an aerosol can of whipped cream and a steamy mix CD with Duran Duran, Marvin Gaye, Snoop, and all sorts of other seductive music on it. Boyfriend attraction guaranteed first $1200 takes the lot.

Free shipping, too!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account