FS... Mobylette Kaptein

Motobecane Kaptein ped for sale, '60s? 23x2.00 tires look original. Missing aircleaner box, side covers and tailight assy. Did not come with speedo, have newer type tailight assy and speedo if buyer wants. Turns over, has spark, non-variated, never tried to start it, time to pass it on, too many solexes. $300 will buy it, it's in coastal Ct. not too far from exit 64 I95. Am generally home Sat thru Tues.

1299448244_kidskaptein_019.jpg

Re: FS... Mobylette Kaptein

thats a cool bike. great shape.

gl on sale.

If it hasn't sold by the time I get tax money I will take it.

I am expecting to get it sometime early this week.

Can I see a few more pics?

I have wanted a pre-70's Motobecane forever.

Want some more Solexes?

Aye Lad, this might be the 1 then. Am in no big hurry, and it looks like the geography works as well, here's the only other shot i have at the moment.

1299459273_kidskaptein_020.jpg

Always looking for Solexes, needing a few more of the earlier models to fill the gaps in the pile.

Thankee Sir, fine old machine, i should have done better by it. Good luck to us all.

Ed

Ive emailed you :)

You swoop this out from under me and I will find you..

haha paul

ed thats a nice lookin bike you gut there

i need to get back down there sometime again even just to hang out cause you have some awesome bikes to look at

sell me a solex i want another 2200 or other older one

No prob Lad, you're the first one in so first yay or nay is yours.

Aye Lad and how's yourself? Fine old girl it's true, needs a genuine motobecane fan, needing more old solexes meself!

I am looking for a bike that is cool enough as it was built stock to stand out in a crowd.

Any idea on where to find the sidecovers?

Or a pic of one with them, I can always make replicas.

In the photo archive here, under 1966 Mobylette, captioned as seen in Belgium, is showing side covers that probably belong on this ped, although mine does have a rear chain guard on the drive side.

I have the funds to buy this now!

I can't make it tomorrow but I can come on Thursday or Saturday, any other day and I would have to drag my little boy along..

Whichever is more convenient to you.

That's great Paul, Sat. is fine for me if that works for you, the weather may be decent as well. Any time will work, i'll be here. Email if you want and we'll see what you need for directions, Ed

Wow that thing is so cool looking. Paul would make a great owner of that I believe.

FS... Mobylette Kaptein

Those are pretty cool. The Kapteins are Dutch, not French.

Sidecovers can be had on French Ebay. They look like this,

http://www.mopedarmy.com/photos/brand/174/3034/

Aye Lad, Paul's the guy for this one.

Aye Lad, built in Netherlands under license from Motobecane, Raleigh did the same thing in Britain, not sure if they were the only license holders?

The AV4x was the most heavily out licensed Motobecane ever.

The Kaptein is sold, thanks very much to everyone who responded, good luck to us all.

What a cool bike, someone will really enjoy that!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account