Do NOT do business with a guy in Middletown Delaware named Steve, he is nuts

Re: Middletown Delaware - no go

Jason Jason Bobason /

Do tell.

Probably Fred /

Please ^^

the dude with craigslist ads that are constantly up for a bunch of mopeds/old motorcycles? yeh...i've called that dude b4.

Very simple questions throw his head into a hurricane of nonsensical wreckage and his breath stunk & ranked up the receiver on my end of the phone.That guy is a (5th grade) nerd.

Andrew Squiggman /

examples?

Jason Jason Bobason /

^^^Please

Something like...does it have a title? or does it run?that guy says terrible things about moped riders in general...if he were a smurf he'd be...old fibs alot smurf

Yeah we call him "Crazy Steve" cause most of the time his prices are insane. He wanted 950 for a nice Puch Newport without a title and 2200 for a cl125 without a title. But if he wants to buy something off you it's not worth more then 75 bucks. Oh and if youre not white he won't deal with you. Soooo yeah hes a little off.

Jason Jason Bobason /

Somebody please call this man and record the conversation. I need a good laugh.

Perfekt Timing Angel /

I didn't think he was that ridiculous to talk to...a little random, but he was pleasant with me.

His prices suck ass, and yea, he wanted me to trade him two bikes plus cash for a gnarly up RD60 without a title.

i fully endorse this thread.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

i believe the pricing is high because i know for a fact he will drive six hours to pay $600 for a pinto and 50v. so he really does have about 400 invested in each, so yeah of course sale price is $800. classic case of buy high, dont touch 'em, sell for double. i would like to see a guitar review

He mis-communicated about titling, price & where he was willing to meet for transaction,a snowball effect of misinformation that was leading down a wormhole of ridiculousness...or either he is the most disorganized,disheveled & frazzled soul on the planet.Otherwise,"Crazed Steve" is an extraordinary business man.

After hearing stories from mopedders that have brought me 'trade-ins' originating from this person, I always wonder how he managed to sell anything in the first place. Supposedly, you are not allowed to start up, run or test-drive when you come looking to make a purchase.

^^^^ Correct from what I've heard.

There for a while everybody was flagging his CL posts which were posted in many locations at the same time.

Others were posting saying exactly what Rob said.

I've also heard stories of bait and switch. One poster said he advertised an RD60 but when they went to look at it he tells them the bike is "part of my collection" then proceeds to sell them one of those fine Wildfires which of course they were not allowed to ride or start. They get it home and can't get it going, resold on CL for a $200 loss.

I've never had any dealings with the him so am going by what others have told me.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account