Re: F/T Honda Mb5

I've been pulled over atleast 10 times...evry single one of those cops walked away very dissapointed that they couldnt harass a guy riding on his fully legal MOPED/KIT BIKE!!

yo, actually you're wrong...

Maybe you should look into this before a cop actually harasses you and you no longer have a moped or a motorcycle cause you cant prove that the vin you ripped off was from the bike you own.

Does it have a manual gearbox, does it go over 30? It aint a a moped.

http://moped2.org/laws/Kentucky.htm

Now stop being a toolbag and look into your local laws cause you're currently riding dirty.

http://drlic.kytc.ky.gov/motorcycle/kmrep.htm

says the same shit there....

Feel bad for the guy trying to sell/trade his Honda.

I was under the impression him and brett had worked something out.

Thanks everyone for the various and differing insights. My intention wasn't to fuel any contestation about the legal processes of titling/registering an Mb5. Also, no need to feel bad for me, i try not to sweat the small stuff. I'll work with what i have.

Also as a sidenote, in my opinion calling someone a name like "Toolbag",Butthead, Snotflinger, etc will never really help in any way to get ones point across. It does however help to make the person calling someone that name sound like they have a brain roughly the size of a chickpea.

yeah I guess no one intelligent has ever had to call someone a douche or a toolbag or something.

I dont think this guy is capable of understanding the laws. He's 17 and refuses to look into the laws before stating that he's totally correct and that everyone else including the state laws are wrong. Yeah those type of people are typically douchebags and tools...so sorry if I call it like I see it.

So is this thread done? I thought you were gonna work out a deal with brett...I dont think anyone else is going to be close enough to make an in person trade/sale.

If you want the thread to be done, easiest way is to stop posting on it(no one wiill mind), If your question is do i still have the Mb5? yeah, i do.

If the guy is a younger guy say, 17 years old, and has trouble understanding the laws. Perhaps (just a thought) a good way to handle it would be to not call him names. Instead try to actually provide in a more helpful (less insulting) manner, your knowledge on the subject. It's an easy concept, and in its application should be easy for people with as much knowledge as you that like to make themselves heard.

Ohh cause I was under the impression that you had already worked out a deal and you just needed to do some sort of exchange with brett

I provided helpful info multiple times in this thread. For those who ignore or doubt the information, they will either be required to challange these statements with proof or otherwise be labeled accordingly.

You have provided useful stuff Orangerobin, Thank you. I do read what you say, no worries. You are without any doubt an asset to both society and these forums. I feel like maybe you feel you are under appreciated? Let me take a moment from my day to say once again, Thank you. People are so quick to label others..its sad.

Thanks for everyones interest!

did you get my email?

going rate for a running, titled mb5 seems to be about $300-500 reasonably. i paid $800 for my first one which was way too much, but it did run well and was titled. my second one was a ratbike with upgraded reeds and a VM20, SO fun, that was $300 with that stuff.

I traded a Tomos TTLX for mine and although it was titled, it was a train wreck. I stripped it down to the frame and rebuilt the whole thing. Need new tires and decal set this spring. Also gonna put some mirrors on it.

Before

During

After

sorry but currently youre wrong. been riding mine 6 yrs and all the cops who pulled me over walked away in shame...anyways I'm done with tards telling me stories. arguing on the internet is like compteing in the special olympics...even if u win, ur still retarted!

Hey man..its not my fault that you dont have attention to detail...even in the link u passed me I can easily find the loopholes nessicary to allow me to ride legally. so go ahead and frett over a title and leave the untittled beauties to someone who knows their way around the law!! and the fact that i'm 18 is nothing...I garantee that i could wrench circles around you....it is my job!!!!

Now has anyone changed their mind about this kid being a tool or just a dumbfuck.

I guess you just got under the table and blew the shit out of the county clerk...at least thats what I get by loopholes.

"A 'moped' is defined as having: "No more than two (2) brake horsepower, a cylinder capacity not exceeding fifty (50) cubic centimeters, an automatic transmission not requiring clutching or shifting by the operator after the drive system is engaged, and capable of a maximum speed of not more than thirty (30) miles per hour." KRS 189.285. If not sure about the vehicle, contact the County Clerk's office to find out if the vehicle needs to be licensed."

Says right there that an MB5 is a motorcycle. If you somehow managed to convince the clerk that its not...well all the more to ya but that aint gonna happen to everyone and it sure as fuck wont happen to you again. I would consider yourself lucky at this point cause one day some nice old cop is gonna take that bike from you because you "loopholed" it.

Now please feel free to talk shit about how your 18 year old skills are far superior to any of those anyone who you've never met, posesses. I am glad that whatever it is you wrench on for a job isnt my fucking car, boat, motorcycle or other motorized vehicle. I bet you're soo good at wrenching that you're getting paid 100 bucks and hour to do the shit cause no one else can do it.

This is the reason I stay on MA...people like this makes me laugh and I'll laugh harder when this dipshit gets his bike taken for improper registration.

HAHAHAHAHA...Blow it out youre ass man!!!

Shane Antisocialite /

The above post wins the prize.

Timmy Southpark /

i disagree with Great Nash.

$300-$500 for a running titled mb5 is too low, they are worth $700-$1000 running & titled.

Non-titled, non-runners, that are complete are worth $200-$500. Atleast that is what they fetch.

mthomas, i think that is my old bike. if it is...wow...great work.

Yea Chris,

I THINK everybody in Youngstown owned that thing. I still need to put some new decals on it. I also have a new set of Gazzelles coming Tuesday. Got to detail it a bit but should be good to go.

Thanks for the compliment.

Also, got that carb to work. I had to get the choke parts and fired it up Saturday so I may have a Tomos TTLX for sale in the next week or two.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account