This 1s for sale

We're moving and I need to sell this baby. She was working last fall and isn't now. I just took this picture if it helps.

I don't remember much about it. It's a 1976 or 1978 tomos that we had a lot of fun on. I'm hoping to get $450 from it.

If you need to know anything just call.

804-647-2060

We live in the Richmond (Chesterfield) Va 23832 area.

Tim

1298124213_102_0480.jpg

Re: This 1s for sale

Not going to get $450 if its not running and you don't even know why.

Jawa not Tomos... $45 not $450 : )

j/k...it's probably worth more than $45 to somebody

yea, like one dude on here.

^ LOLz !!!!

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

i'd go 50$

What is it really worth then. I don't know that much about mopeds though I know it's just fouled fuel because the kids left it in there over the winter. There is a small amount of rust starting at the top inside of tank. Why do I see these selling for more on craigs list?

It is hard to say what it is worth. Jawas are good bikes, but a lot of people don't like them. If it runs well it is worth a couple hundred sure, but you will not get much for a not running bike. 100-200 bucks?

Thank you for your honest opinion.

So the bike is in GREAT shape. The kids just left the gas in it over the winter. I even have the tire pump that goes under the rear area. I'll try to get to it over the next day. If I can get it started then I'll sell it for $250. If I don't get to it or get it started, then I'll sell it for $175. I looks that all the parts that are on this are worth about that. Feel free to check it out and ask questions.

It looks like its in great shape but the Jawa owners I know want a Jawa that says "JAWA". I have now seen 2 of the Spartan jawa's so I guess it was rebadged at some point for some reason.

Not running you are looking at $40-$50 for the motor or $70-$125 for the complete bike.

Running it will sell for $250. You see them listed for more on CL and Ebay because people think they have an antique piece of gold but it is still a fucking moped and not some ultra rare vintage motorcycle that was never imported to the USA.

(I LOVE JAWA)

I just bought a running Jawa for 100$ Quiet bike .YAVAHH...

"Why do I see these selling for more on craigs list?"

What you see is people trying to sell them for more. The only way to know if it sold or not is to get in contact with the person that had the ad.

As for it not running. Drain the gas and clean the carb, I bet it will run then. If you do not know how to clean the carb search this site. It is something that most people can do in little time.

that looks nice, great shape! good luck on the sale.

you mean theres more than one jawa that says spartan on them

whats the story on these its gutta be a store brand name or something

From my research and from this one that I have. It appears to be straight from Czechoslovakia. I haven't found more than that though.

Thanks for the tip.

I wonder if these came from Spartan-Atlantic? It's important to note that Tomos and Jawa are completely different animals in a completely different class. The 207s were about as cheap as they came when they were new. Really they were a decent bike for the price, but they were not without their problems. Anybody who knows mopeds is unlikely to pay much money for a 207. Still a good runner in like new condition ought to fetch around $350 on the street.

SOLD

Can I ask how much you got out of it?

I love those controls, I hope who ever got it gives her a good home!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account