1949 zanetti moped

i found this on craigslist and wondering what you guys and gals think of it

http://boise.craigslist.org/atq/2192885895.html

Re: 1949 zanetti moped

There is absolutely no way this is from 1949.

These bikes were built from around 1967 to 1975 and are just an average-quality Italian front friction drive moped. Some parts are easy to find (they have Dellorto carbs); others are just about impossible to find.

Paying $2800 for this is an absolute joke. I'd offer $200.

Sounds like the biggest BS story to hit CL in a while. Probably a 1975 or so

according to the seller, the nazis were in power in italy til 1951...LOL.

Great story. Its a fairly rare but not particularly valuable bike. $200 is probably about right for a runner.

judging by the looks of this one, it's probably on the older side of the spectrum that eoban listed, but i agree that there is just one too many decimal places on his price. maybe papered, cleaned-up and running really, really well (w/ new tires and a serious-pro tune-up), he could ask $500. and that would be borderline ballpark-reasonable.

this is almost as bad as the guy in PHX who was selling a maxi w/ 10 miles on it for $6,000.

Someone please email the guy. I'd love to see his response after being informed.

Know-it-alls hate being informed of something different than they think they know.

GET REALIZED! BE HERE NOW! /

YALL ARE SO WRONG;THIS IS AN UNFORGETTTBALE PART OF WWii HISTORY!!!

Here is the history you guys are looking for...and its free

"WWii History":http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii

looks like all of the parts on that bike are 60's/70's vintage CEV

John Joedicke /

Nazi's, 1951? How old are you?

look this guy is dumb but you should go act like youre going to buy it because i bet hes fun to hang out with. seriously CL stories are the best

Timmy Southpark /

Its a 1949 Nazi Patrol bike!

he didnt accept my 200 dollar offer :-/

I ASKING 2800 did you mean to write 2k or 200? i will not take 200 dollars this is a piece of history that is worth far more than 200 bucks i would take 2k today in full but that's it...

ask for a title...that should say the year...if he doesnt have it...well that ruins the historic value since there is no proof...I mean a collector would tell you to fuck off if you didnt have a title.

Me: "Do you have the title for proof of year and origin ?"

Him: "i have all the history but because of its original factory was seized by nazzi germany so unfortunatly the paper is not in existance but vin number and model shape is how you iden tify its year. you can call me with more info 2089686599"

ha ha...yeah the vin must tell a great story about it being manufacutred during the war by a crucified jew who only had one leg because he ran from a nazi imprisonment camp and got his leg blown off but since he was a great builder of bikes he put some strange one off vin number on it...I bet thats the story...I bet the vin number says it all

While this is an amusing post I would just flag it Prohibited, as CL's terms specifically don't allow an ad that's deceptive. If he reposts, keep flagging.

Flagged once by me :)

flagged. i rarely flag. however, this one needs to be gone, it's so full of deception.

i know in AZ, it's illegal to sell a vehicle that is supposed to have a title without one. i don't know about ID.

Unapproved Message (moderated automatically, please approve if not spam)

Which one of you assholes is going to break little Cody's heart.

Someone has posted a similar ad. Maybe Cody will see it.

"There is no title due to it's history. The research that I have done has told me that, in march of 1940 Nazi Germany invaded a small town on the other side of the Italian border. there they seized a factory that made mopeds that were also bicycles. they were known as zanetti inc. the factory remained under Nazi control for the next 11 years where the factory produced Nazi patrol bikes. and this happens to be one of the exact 2950 models seized in 1949. there are only a handful of these that are even still around and this one is in excellent condition it is all there including all the original wiring cables and linkages. all the lights work and it gets around 75 mpg. it is a 2 cycle engine that you pedal the bike to start it. I received this information from a vintage bike website. When I searched It's vin numbers this is a small part of the history that came up. I received this moped from a antique collector in Idaho City, ID. He owns "One Step Away" antiques. I would like this go to a collector or someone to enjoy and take care of an interesting part of history. My price is not firm, but I do have a minimum that isn't far from my maximum pricing. Thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you, and possibly doing business. -Cody Blake"

19 kph 49 cc ,,, Italy's answer to the Solex

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account