Honda hobbit MK watercooled scooter kit $145 obo

Here is a metrakit scooter kit that has been modified to work on hobbit engine cases...this is a cast iron kit and the holes have been filled on the bottom of the water jacket and a 4130 tube has been brazed into the side of the cylinder.. to install this kit a base spacer /gaskets will have to be made and you will have switch over to a 10pin piston or a 12pin rod...This is a new kit that was modified, it retails for $200.. engine cases are not included $145 shipped

Re: Honda hobbit MK watercooled scooter kit $145 o

Matthew Chedda /

What scooter is this kit originally for? Good job adapting this for a Hobbit. Also, keep up the good work on your bikes and blog. Great information.

piaggio ZIP LC, gilera runner 50, DNA..a bunch of piaggio motor bikes...thanks for the props!

Tates new fangled phone /

They make a needle bearing specifically for this situation. It has the outer diameter you need for a 12 pin piston and the inner diameter needed for a 10 pin piston.

They aren't too expense either.

I might scoop this if its still around in a week.

Doubt it will be at that price though.

thanks for the info tate......lemme know, it does say obo

@Tate. Can you please share where you find those special needle bearings with 10mm id and 12od!?

emailed

open to offers

Tate in Madison /

"The bearing in question":http://www.provoscooter.com/stage6-reduction-wrist-pin-bearing-12mm-to-10mm-10x17x13mm-minarelli.html

I bought one for like $12 a while back but I can't seem to find the place I bought it from. Still $25 isn't too bad and needle bearings are kind of the thing you want to be of high quality.

so... that allows you to use a piston with a 10mm wrist pin on a crank with a 12mm rod? how would that help?

doesn't the kit come with a 12mm piston/wrist pin? and hobbits have a 10mm rod? ...

am I missing something?

oops, o no

Tate in Madison /

Oh yeah my bad, I got the whose who in the pin vs. rod thing mixed up.

there are plen of 10 pistons out there that will work for pretty cheap...i used one for an older sr5o for m other lc motor

opps!

double fail on me

open to offers

still have this?

Re: Honda hobbit MK watercooled scooter kit $145 obo

Mike Piarowski /

Dude this post is over a year old

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account