WTB: Reliable moped in/around Columbus Ohio

Looking for a newer model easy to work on ped just to get myself started here, and to use to commute in to OSU when the weather permits. Thinking tomos? But hit me with other options too. Bought a '77 Garelli and things started racking up too quickly so I sold it and I'm trying to start again. not looking to fix up, just something I can find parts for when I need it. In or around Columbus Ohio area would be great. Sorry to make a topic as my first move on here, but hey, you have to get started somewhere eh? Thanks, Andy

Re: WTB: Reliable moped in/around Columbus Ohio

Oh, and I'll pay up to $300-$400

i have a 78 puch maxi runs good and all lights work.let me know i am asking 350 obo.

nerdzilla No mo Peds no mo /

my suggestion is to not buy a moped if you dont/wont/arent willing to work on it.. replacing a crankshaft seal is pretty basic. be willing to pay repair fees or dont get a ped. and a garelli is just as easy to work on as a tomos.

check cl theres always peds for sale in and around c-bus

Ouch. How did you know it was a crankshaft seal? Yea, I check CL regulrarly. And OK, let me put it this way. I want something that's running good when I get it, so I don't have to work on it until I have time to (summer). Grad school doesn't leave much time.

tomos ftw

i know and hear stuff. good luck to ya.

Bump...Nobody else looking to unload?

go steal that magnum on 3rd and 1st. nobody would be mad. except for the guy who owns the magnum. but he deserves it.

i have a puch for $400

but im in steubenville

Shane Antisocialite /

Puchs are probably the easiest peds out there to work on, not that any of them are super difficult... but a Maxi is a reliable, cheap ride and parts are everywhere if something does break. Nice basic 1speed with the carb not buried... Puch ftw for someone who just wants cheap reliable transportation. Or anyone else too. Yay!

One last bump...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account