cyrus Saxonette 1963

Can anyone tell me what I might get $ for my 1963 Cyrus Saxonette? Been sitting for about 20 years now, so it doesn

Re: cyrus Saxonette 1963

Pictures might help. Its basically impossible to gauge the value for a bike like this. What's it worth to you? You could start high and if nobody bites lower the price.

pics

1295909333_cyrus2.jpg

Awesome bike !

† CH∆D † /

WOW. Tuck me in! Now thats how you ride doubles. Great bike.

thats beautiful

100 bucks and u sell it to me

100 bucks huh....lol do you need to set up a payment plan?

Danny

look on ebay under Sachs Saxonette

the engines were used on minibikes of the early 60*s.

that engine was either moped pedal start, kickstart or pull start

and i think its a 2 speed tranny

top speed 30mph

from the looks of your moped that thing is worth from

100-300.00.

is it complete?

any papers on the bike?

owners manuel, repair manuel?

No. But will buy

You are not going to get a clear idea of what it's worth on here. Your ped is ancient and rare, which equals possible vintage runner, cool wall art due to unobtainable parts -or- wealthy collectors toy (most wealthy people don't buy mopeds).

Listing it on Ebay would give you a market value for the moment...there are no established ones. I've seen cool oldies like yours sell for a couple grand...and two months later the same model sells for a couple hundred. There's no rhyme or reason.

Cool bike btw!

i wish i had tons of money and a huge building

id be buying all these rare beautiful bikes

where are you located?

Nate,

I'm in Northern California. Near Sacramento

Danny

Let me know 100 bucks

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

as is, a complete rolling ped 300-400

if it runs and is rideable i'd say 600-800.

900-1000+ to a serious collector if you are the original owner and have all the paperwork: manuals, dealer info, service records, and recipts, registrations and insurance information included. the plus is if you are lucky enough to find a rich old man who was the proud owner of a pink- well maybe if you take it down to frisco...

and that's higher estimates already placing it on the west coast. hope that doesn't break your achy breaky heart. sell it to miley.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

How much for the fender ornament? Nice.

a couple of good responses, IMHO. i think rob hit the nail on the head.

the guy who wants to give you $100. is the guy that would start a post the next day saying OMFG LOOK WHAT I GOT FOR A STEAL, HAHA!

that being said, just because something is rare, doesn't mean it's worth a lot of money.

i assume you are not super into mopeds, that you picked this up for cheap/nothing, and you want to flip it for top dollar. if i were you, i would clean it up really good and take an inventory. the thing looks pretty complete. maybe you can put some tires on it, do a little maintenance, and get that thing to run. if that's the case, you can try to get top dollar for it (like close to $1000., but being willing to go down a bit). who knows, maybe you may decide you like it and keep it.

good/bad thing is that you live in a moped-friendly location. good in that you can meet people who are cool that will help you (i.e., landsquids). bad is that most people who are in to mopeds here are more interested in bikes with lots of performance parts that are easily accessible, which your bike is not. that being said, anyone who even remotely likes mopeds would think that bike is super-fly.

i say keep it. if you do, that is not a daily rider. it is a sunny sunday toodler.

yes man, that bike is so rad! I'm with Kevcmc, If i were you, I'd keep it. At least until it becomes so rare that everyone doesn't know what itt is. Then I'd turn it into a dayly rider. Imagine the heads turn...

hello Danny

If you still have your grandparents cyrus I would like to buy it.

My email is cklusher@logic.bm

Thanks

chris

Michael Domanski /

Take better pics and repost on Facebook shifty 50 group, you will get the actual value for it. Rare and cool, still has value, don't accept the low ball offers .

> CHRIS LUSHER Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> hello Danny

>

> If you still have your grandparents cyrus I would like to buy it.

>

> My email is cklusher@logic.bm

>

> Thanks

>

> chris

This post is 7 years old, even if Danny still has i highly doubt he'll check in here to see your message.

does anyone know or have danny's email or phone number.I know the ad is old but the majority of people told him to keep it,so I am hoping he kept it.Danny if you do read this message please contact me

Dirty30 Dillon /

His email is in his profile..................

Neat neat NEAT!

hey danny,

interested in your cyrus. reach me at bermudatrotter@gmail.com with your telephone number and i will call you right away.

thanks

andre

sorry,

didint realize post was dated.

anyway, anyone out there selling cyrus, mobylette or zundapp or other moped get in touch.

thanks,

andre

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account