FS: Maxi N feeler north of Chicago

Thinking about selling a Maxi N.

As far as I can tell its complete accept the kill switch was replaced by a button and the handle bars are cooler than stock.

It was spray painted but reasonably well. It wasn't just like a 15 year old kid spraying all over it. There was some prep work and dis assembly and masking done.

It actually looks pretty cool.

No title but they either masked off or pulled the vin plate before painting it so you should be able to figure something out.

Anyway, I want to see what I can get for it.

I know at one point these things were way hot but I don't know if there are still a ton of people pining away for them.

Looking for loot and or trades for Hobbit performance stuff. Specifically mag rims, pipes, kits, a TJT, some sort of carburetor set up, etc.

I also need some Derbi odds and ends.

I suck at pricing stuff so I looked back on the forums and it seems like the components on these (especially the frames and forks) go for good money. I am not sure if that means that whole bikes are valuable or if its like a Magnum X or a Korado where people only want like 1 or 2 things off of them.

I am not going to part it out so I guess it doesn't matter.

Pictures tomorrow.

I know yall can't see it but even if you don't want it if you could give me a lower end ball-park price on a fully functional Maxi N that would be awesome.

Holler.

Re: FS: Maxi N feeler north of Chicago

ill give u 100$

Tate in Madison /

Hmm that bad huh?

yah post pix when u can man

yes pics

- Summerai - Christine L /

Emailed.

Interested...

what is the price range you are asking for? I am interested as long as it's in my price range.

Tate in Madison /

Ok here we go.

I have never had one of these before and when I was searching through the buy/sell and all I could find was guys trying to sell frames for $200 and some jerk ass trying to sell a complete N for 1100 which is obviously ridiculous.

Ebay didn't have any in the recently sold area so I really have no way of knowing what its worth.

Not trying to soak anybody, just want to make a fair deal.

Any questions holler at me.

† CH∆D † /

Id say $400. I just had a frame shipped to me with all the N specifics for 260. I think he made 180 offa the deal.

I'd love to see this ped with a V1 on it.

your seat has an erection

Tate in Madison /

Also I haven't had a chance to clean it since it is cold here but it would clean up pretty nice.

Too bad about the spray paint but I reckon whoever is going to build up a Maxi N is going to have it powder coated or painted to their liking any way.

Without an odometer or speedo I have no way of telling but judging by the grabbiness of the brakes and other indicators it seems to be relatively low miles, but again I have no way to be sure.

Its either a 77 or 78, it was manufactured 12/77 so whatevs.

Tate in Madison /

I am going to go ahead and say 400 is what I want to see out of it.

It has cruise control (throttle wont return on its own) but thats the only issue and I bet once I get it oiled and work it a bit it will be fine.

† CH∆D † /

haha my moby had cruise. BUMP FOR TOM CRUISE CONTROL

Tate in Madison /

Man, one time I had this QT50 that had all the modern features.

Cruise control where the throttle stayed open, anti lock brakes where you couldn't lock up the brakes on pavement or snow or gravel, driver identification where I was the only one who could start it, run flat tires since the tubes were so full of Slime/Liquid jack tire repair that they were solid, auto stop where it shut off at stop lights like a Prius.

Fully loaded.

Like a diaper.

† CH∆D † /

haha

Killer deal in the Midwest.

Tate in Madison /

Willing to hear offers.

I really do not want to have to hold onto this until Spring.

oh yeah the times when ppls were paying 400 for maxi n frames on fleabay...

i wouldn't sell it less than 400.

I just got a maxi n frame in a trade for the equivalent of probably like 250$ or so, if that helps. I say 400 is a solid price

Salsa Salsa /

chop it up and post photos. dont let anyone have it.

Tate in Madison /

Sale pending

joel: shhh....i might be doing that to mine.

Nash, DO IT!

Tate in Madison /

Looks like another deal fell through.

Anyone? Tradesies?

Tate in Madison /

Still gotst this.

Trades for Hobbit or Derbi stuff.

Especially kits and carbs and pipes and a 6 roller Derbi variator or a TJT or a big bad Puch kit.

Also I need some powder coating done so if on the outside chance someone out there does powder coating and wants a Maxi N we can make a deal.

Holler.

Pablo Puchasso /

So will u do just the frame?

Tate in Madison /

Well I was really hoping NOT to part it out but I guess that might be the way it has to be.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account