Puegeot 102sp for sale in Chi-town

This is NON running 1980 Puegeot 102sp.

I bought this bad boy last summer and planned to restore it to its full glory (if not full glory, at least partial glory to where i could jump through a fiery hoop on it). This has not happened, I just have not had the time, nor hoop.

The Good:

-Moped is totally complete. I have all the parts, not all attached...but all there. ...sans some of the superficial plastic side pieces.

-I took the time, money, and energy to break down the engine, clean it and refit it with new gaskets. I even did electrolysis on the crank to remove some rusty buildup.

-Carb is immaculate, could have given birth to Christ its so immaculate.

-I scoured the internet for manuals and diagrams and things of that nature (specifically for the 102sp), so I have some really good, original moped wisdom in book form.

-I have around 400 pictures of the moped and its pieces in various states of completeness as I took it apart to clean. I'm willing to give these out as reference.

-I have a brand new spark plug and drive belt to go with the moped (plus all the spanking new gaskets that are already installed).

The Bad:

-Gas tank is rusty. So you'll have to de-rust it, either chemically or....well probably chemically. I can point you in the direction of some help, but if you're considering buying this moped you probably already know what's up.

-There's a bit of rust on the outside of the moped, not too much and not particularly noticeable but it's there.

-It's not all put together, the engine, manifold and carb are off as well as the throttle and those cables (which I have). Also the magneto is apart, all there, but not put together. But as I was cleaning and adjusting I needed to remove some parts. I could put some of the stuff back on if you wanted...

The Ugly:

-Mostly the rusty gas tank. That can be taken care of fairly easily according to everyone I've talked to and everything I read. Its just takes some well ventilated space and some chemicals. You could also try electrolyses. Which freaking works like a charm, by the way.

I'm asking for $450 (or best offer). Also this deal is a Pick Up Only.

If you have any questions or want to see more pictures, let me know and I'll get that right out to you.

Word up. Thanks for looking.

1294766070_img_1246.jpg

Re: Puegeot 102sp for sale in Chi-town

title?

I wish. Sorry.

I could give you a bill of sale if that helps....

derek from black pipes moped gang 🌧 /

that's a lot of dough for a non runner. I could barely sell my fast 102 that had a bigger carb and pipe for more than $100. Good luck.

i bought dereks 102, and it was cleaner then this bike, not to be a dick! hope you sell it

I get it. If you're interested I'd point you at the spot where it says "or best offer". I knew I wouldn't get much on here for it. I'd like to get at least 275 or 300 for all the shit I put into it.

It's not that clean now, but It looked like total shit when I bought it. Plus the engine was all gummed up and now its practically new. I forgot to mention that I bought new piston rings for it as well.

But..yeah, well see.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account