`79 Benelli Part Needed

I need a part for my `79 Benelli moped. I hope I can explain this correctly - I need the part that causes the hand lever to engage the back wheel to the engine so it will start. It`s round and about twice the size of a quarter in diameter(with a hole in the center about the size of a quarter) and fits onto the outside of the clutch housing. You can email me @ stevie532@yahoo.com or call me @ 217-868-5700. (I won`t be back online until tomorrow(Wed). Mel

Re: `79 Benelli Part Needed

You should post a picture, cause I have no idea what you're trying to explain to me.

The part looks like a washer(only thinner metal)that`s about twice the size of a quarter and with a hole in the center about the size of a quarter. When you squeeze the 3rd hand lever(other two are brakes) and are pedaling it (this part I need) causes the back wheel to turn the motor over. I can`t take a picture because the part was destroyed when it broke - it went into the gears and was mangled. This is my only hope because my usual parts supply co`s say there are no aftermarket Benelli parts - I would consider buying the whole assembly. Mel (ph 217-868-5700)

what?

Still confused about what you are looking for. The lever at the handlebars goes down to the motor where there is an arm that pushes on the clutch to turn the motor over. The rear output shaft is what spins the rear wheel. I really have no clue what part you're looking for. If you can take a picture of the bike and show me where it is missing from, I can maybe figure it out from there. I have lots of parts and I'm probably one of the few that know very much about these or have spare parts for them. I'm glad my first bike was a rare one because its made messing with puchs, super easy.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account