this guy needs a rear clutch

kristopher maedke-russell /

variating a ciao. got the gears and the front taken care of. anyone got a rear clutch assembly?

Re: this guy needs a rear clutch

those are hard to find, if you do find em, they are gonna be expensive. Treats doesnt even sell the 4 spoke mag wheels with the hubs in them. Might have some luck hitting up ebay IT..or maybe a few people are parting out some grandes/bravos

kdmr OP

the hub is no problem i got one on some spokes in my closet. just need the rear clutch and bell.

the hub needs to have the correct output shaft to accept the rear assembly. I am under the impression that you need to swap the entire gear assembly out if you started with a single speed as the components wont work with a variated setup. So unless you have a hub from a variated bike that somehow lost its hub/clutch...well then you need to keep looking.

kdmr OP

again, variated transmission is on the rim. just need the clutch...

So you only want the shoes? Cause that whole assembly is expensive...

http://www.treatland.tv/vespa-rear-variator-clutch-assembly-p/vespa-rear-variator-clutch.htm

kdmr OP

the link is what i need. bought the hub and gears on a rim from a gentleman on the forum. found a distributer across the pond which would be cheaper (by quite a bit) than treats, but i figure if someone has a stock assembly laying around i might grab it for extra savingzzz!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account