WTB: $150 bike

Yo,

My friend wants a moped. He will have $150 next week and is looking to make a quick sale. Anyone selling a bike for around that price range? Not afraid of a little work, but he's definitely not looking for a project.

Let me know!

Thanks

Re: WTB: $150 bike

Adam who is this for? lol

150 bucks, and not looking for a project...well he better start looking for a job cause 150 bucks aint gonna do it

$150:

lol

Idk, I have friends who have bought bikes for that, and only needed some work, I think by "not a project" he means he doesnt want like a rolling chasis or a frame. wants atleast most of it there.

yeah well every once in a blue moon you can snipe something from someone who doesnt know shit about mopeds...but you gotta think about what 150 dollars buys you now a days...not much...and you want a nearly complete bike...thats not gonna be super easy to find, just sayin.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Even in this shitty economy, $150 for a non-project is a stretch.

Just got a running Jawa 207 for $200 from a yard sale. I'm cleaning and shining and replacing bad cables, and we'll be good to ride.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

There are still plenty of $150 non-projects out there, but you're probably not gonna find any here. You gotta "hit the pavement" like everyone else does to find those deals.

i have a running ciao for sale,,,flat tire though in massachusetts

$300 though

You will have to search the barns for a deal like that. The best on here is probably $200-$300 for something close to running.

Ricky, its for Dean.

By not a project, I mean not a frame and a box of parts which is what I usually buy. Obviously my best bet is to look around craigslist or something for someone who doesnt realize that its just a dirty carb and it will run fine.

Something with some work is fine. The dude it's for is new to mopeds and I just dont want to put him into shock. Everyone on this forum is good with mopeds, so most people arent just giving them away, but I figured it was worth a shot.

Every moped is a project, so I guess I should have stated the level of project.

Also, the pictures didn't work!

Thanks

ɯɐpɐ ʞunʞs /

Check salvage yards. A couple of friends have scored $100 bikes in them. We cleaned up the stators and janky wiring, cleaned the carbs and tanks, and they started right up.

yeah u gotta search, but with patience u too can score. I picked up the attached bike for 150

1287709517_getattachment.jpg

Hey how about lookin here

I can speak for motoverde!!! I have dealt with Tim and bought three bikes from him - he's SUPER nice and everything is super legit. He sells bikes for VERY good prices and you can really trust him... Don't hesitate

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account