WTB: DERBI Needle Bearing...for Piston Port...

Hello Derbi people. I've got a Piston Port engine that needs the plastic needle bearing that goes under the clutch on the right hand crank side...Hopefully that is clear enough.

I tried Handy Bikes through 77 and they don't have one. So....

If anybody here has a defunct Piston Port engine with something like that lying around I will gladly pay for it. I can't get my bike to idle proper without that needle bearing. Help me out! Thanks MA folks.

Re: WTB: DERBI Needle Bearing...for Piston Port...

you should just take some measurments and get it from a bearing shop.

It's not the same kinda bearings that fit on yer crank or yer mags. It plastic needle bearings are similar to what you'd seen on the end of a puch crank shaft before you put on yer piston...

I hope for those who've messed with Piston Port engines know what I'm referring to, the plastic needle bearing that goes over the crank and sits under the clutch....

Bearing shop will have it just take it in show it to them pay them cash or credit and fix your bike.

OK. Will try...

plastic? What? I have my motor totally apart at the moment, and I don't see any plastic anything........

Yeah, on the inside there is no plastic that I can remember. However, I have recently discovered that the needle bearing in question is in fact made of plastic and it is cast in the clutch bell making it damn near impossible to remove on and off...

So, that being said I'm now in the market for a complete or semi complete clutch bell with said needle bearing....

I'll check through 1977 again, but anybody with that part here would make things much easier. OK. Cool. Thanks again!

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

look in the parts manual and it will tell you the bearing number?

Yeah, I've got the parts manual and the bearing number. No bearings at Handybikes/1977...

Besides, even if I got the bearing I couldn't put it back into the clutch bell shaft since it's been cast in there...

Demystified the notion that the bearing is pressed in the bell...got it taken out with a hydrolic press...off to the bearing shop...

its the same for puch tomos and minarelli

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account