WTB Solex

I'm looking for a pre-1966 Solex. Most of these are the body styles that look more like regular bicycles than the later Solexes. Anybody have (or know where I can find) a pre-1966 Solex, running or not, they might be willing to sell? Thanks for letting me know. Jeff (Iowaped). Phone (319) 277-6057. Thanks!

Re: WTB Solex

sorry dude, I highly doubt you're gonna find any. I think there were only a few solex dealerships and KCMO was one of them. The last old solex I found, was transported to my friend in STL, he currently has the largest solex collection of anyone I know. He has a strong grip on those older ones. You're gonna be hard pressed to find one unless it comes from a barn or something.

Timmy Southpark /

I know where a later 60's maybe early 70's solex is... i believe it is a 3600. Needs some parts but the engine is mostly there along with the wheels. I coudl probably get it for like $75-$100. I'm in cincinnati, so it would need to be shipped. If your seriously interested email me. -jimmy

Jimmy, Thanks for the reply, but I have a collection of the later Solexes so I'm not interested in the late 1960's onward. That is why I'm looking for a pre-1966 -- they were different styles then, and that is what I'm looking for. Still, thanks for writing! Jeff

Timmy Southpark /

np, good luck with the search. If someone in cincy wants this bike shoot me an email.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

for reference, I believe this is the type of solex he is looking for (my '66 3300)

he's looking for a 2200. they're different framed than the standard solex frames that most people have seen. 2200 more like a bike frame.

No, he's looking for one of these:

or one of these:

http://www.mopedarmy.com/resources/mod/briansolex/

Yes! -- Brian and Boot2 are correct -- I'm looking for that older style frame that looks more like a bicycle frame. Any info on where I might be able to find one of these would be greatly appreciated! Thanks -- and take care. Jeff (Iowaped)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account