WTB: 5 star front hub

Well, I just discovered the front hub of my 5 star puch rim won't accept a standard bearing, so I'd like to find one that does. I just need the hub, no brakes. I do need that little sleeve that goes in between the bearings though. Shoot me an email.

Re: WTB: 5 star front hub

TTT

I know there's someone out there who wrecked their front rim and can sell me a hub

never mind, i just noticed treats sells used hubs for $10, haha

Bump

Well, as it turns out the hub Treats had wasn't for sealed bearings, so I'm still looking.

I'll trade ya something. How about a lovely front snowflake. Or an awesome rear spoked rim. Maybe even a magical... luggage rack.

I have a grimeca front 5star I could sell ya... infact, I have a set of grimeca 5stars. Even comes with a magical 30t rear sprocket WHOA! Just let me know dude.

No hubs on deez guyz... just loose bearings... maybe a conversion?

I've got the 5 stars, I've got the hubs too. It's just that my front hub is loose bearing style, and I really just want to be able to use sealed bearings.

You know you can convert them to sealed bearing...it just costs money, bearings, inner spacer, axle, nuts and washers...pretty cheap for better than new wheels when you're done

I wanted to do that, but the location the bearing goes into my front hub is 1mm too big for the sealed bearing. I'd need to have a spacer custom made or something to be able to use it, and I don't really want to have to do that. If it comes down to it, I guess I'll have to... but seriously, someone out there has to have one lying around.

I dont understand the issue, you cant find the right bearing with the od that matches the "cup" od?

Right. a 6001 bearing has a 28mm OD (outside diameter). Well, the loose bearing cup was 29mm OD. They don't make a 29mm OD bearing.

Bump, I need one too for my five star. haha. not expecting anything, but..yeah.

Just an FYI, front 5 star sealed bearing hubs are extremely rare, almost mythical. I converted my front and used .5mm feeler gauges for my shims. Easy.

sue, i saw you posting about a solution you found to the bearing shimming in another old thread. glad to know it now - thanks.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

thanks for the info!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account