'79 Puch Newport L 1.5hp

pro's... 100% complete bike sans headlight, excellent chains and rims and sprockets/pedals, sidecovers, all controls and switches intact, bar-end mirror, complete 1.5hp e50 and bing, nice thick heavy duty stock seat and clean chrome rack/rails, clean body/fenders, turns over easy, sparks, excellent pipe, great cables and levers, tires hold air, etc.

con's... rusty tank, paint rust at the tank/frame joint, motor bearings are for sh*t noisy.

decisions decisions..... might make it an offseason project, very reluctant to part it, but entertaining email offers as a whole bike. pittsburgh pickup or regional delivery options, can take tons more pics if need be.

regional trades considered as well for ciao stuff... vespa gurus email me for details

Re: '79 Puch Newport L 1.5hp

you should add its a black model to the pros list, seems like all the ones around here are burgundy, too bad the paint is crappy.

true dat... pro's: stock gloss black paint, stock red and gold logos in nice shape. Actually, nice condition paint and decals overall with the exception of that spot right where the tank and frame joint is... will give it a sponge bath and updated body pics by request.

afternoon bump... more pictures sometime this evening...

RUNS '79 Puch Newport L 1.5hp

bump for pictures and video....

cleaned alum 1.5hp topend and 12mm bing and stock modular pipe.. and yup, she runs nice but noisy 4K mi bearings

http://users.stargate.net/~mojoy/pics/newport/newportLrunning.3g2 quicktime vid

also, ton of pictures after a quick wash down:

Re: RUNS '79 Puch Newport L 1.5hp

hahaha, that seat cover is awesome. homemade but they cut out the PUCH from the old one. great stuff.

did i mention that its a hi-torque top end?

bump for the week, then offline saturday~monday...

home again, home again... bump

$200 pickup in Pittsburgh ? ...

may even deliver to Pittsburgh/Akron areas....

Garodney Gentzel Motor City Riots /

Hey, Monti......feel like a trip to Michigan, just north of Detroit?

I have two great peds will ride all day for fun, and I pay $250 to help pay for gas ????

hmmmm, emailed ya rodney

available again after all... bump

cleveland area delivery temp available on the 17th/18th

eastern ohio/western pa/central pa possible as well.

sold.

thanks all.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account