63 Sears Allstate Mo-ped & 80's Indian

I do not currently have pictures but I will (most likely) this evening.

63 Sears is 90%+ complete. Barn find. Motor turns over and is free. Clutch is not frozen. Shifts gears. Does not start. Tank was cleaned but not sealed so needs recleaned. I had new stickers made for the tank but wanted to keep the overall look of the bike so nothing was painted or disturbed. Paint will clean up very nicely. Missing whatever bracket attaches the shift lever to the cables. Missing clutch pivot arm. Missing chain covers and kick stand. From what I can tell everything else is there. Needs handle bar shifter redone or replaced. Needs tires. Needs to be generally gone through of course.

Asking $325 or partial trade of a za50 or e50 and some cash.

Indian is what it is. Starts and runs but will not stay running. Carb is toast and leaks. Needs carb, no way around it. Other than that it is a good bike and is all there minus maybe small parts. I'll call it 99% complete because I'm sure I'm missing or forgetting something. Needs cleaned up and ran. Tank was claned and sealed.

Asking $350 or partial trade of a za50 or e50 and some cash

I am in need of za50's or e50's. I would be more willing to work trades on those than cash at this point. Email if interested and leave a phone number. I prefer to call and discuss things rather than email.

Re: 63 Sears Allstate Mo-ped & 80's Indian

N E body?

I'd like to see pictures of the all state if you can.

Its at my "shop" 30 minutes away so I have to coordinate the pics. I'll have em up sooner or later.

If it's missing the chain cover (I'm assuming you mean the chain guard) the the whole swingarm needs to be replaced as the chain guard is part of the swingarm on the Allstate mopeds.

Not good news. I didn't inspect it to figure out how it would go about being replaced. Actually..... I think it was you that might have told me the whole thing was part of the kickstand? Either way.... something down there is missing to include the kick stand. I'll look closer next time I'm with the bike. I need to give you a call again Bill..... Maybe you've got some stuff to get this thing running.... THAT would make me keep it.

Allstate pic

1283306723_img_0252.jpg

Indian pic

I have more pics of each of these, but just throwing these up so someone can get an idea of what I've got.

1283306825_img_0240.jpg

To the top.

movin on up

And again

Hey are you interested in a straight up trade for a red semi rough running free spirit for the allstate?

Very possibly. email me with a phone number so we can discuss it.

or... it could be like mine, and it cracked over time, and is off because of that.

I got stuff to get it running.

ride it!

Some allstate info for ya

It is not missing the chain guard. It is missing the motor shrouding. It is missing the stand. It's also missing a hard-to-find headlight. The choke button needs to be mounted lower, on the first chrome part of the handlebars, coming outa the steering column.

Petcock valve missing. Missing the top of the tank; chrome cover. I was also wondering if ya got the round glass for the back of the tail light. The headlight housing is also pretty cracked and messed up.

With that top of the clutch lever missing, you probably got a rusty transmission... at least somewhat. Possibly still do-able, but have you opened that up at all? Drain the oil at all? if so, what was it like?

Over all, you got a very restorable allstate. I may have some of those shifter ends for the lower part, but not th actual lever that comes outa the motor there. I also don't have a spare clutch arm. I really don't have much of anything to spare, but I watch for it alot. I also give out manuals practicly for free to anyone. Do it up man! If not, I want your tail light and gas cap!

Re: Some allstate info for ya

Deezy.... I spoke with you via email about this bike. Unfortunately because of the lack of parts I decided to part ways with it. I fielded questions from all over about it and pointed lots of people in your direction for help.

Most of the missing parts you mentioned were not pictured because they were off getting cleaned or repaired. The bike ended up selling locally for nearly what my asking price was. I also pointed the guy in your direction for parts.

Re: Some allstate info for ya

awe... ya shoulda kept it!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account