WTB sealed bearing front hub for Puch 5 star

Just as simple as that.... I need a sealed bearing front hub for a Puch 5 star.

Re: WTB sealed bearing front hub for Puch 5 star

Do you have a front hub with loose bearings already? If so all you need to do is buy some sealed bearings and cut a spacer. Cost about $10, it would also allow you to run a 12mm front axle (tomos axle should work) I'm sure that there arnt many people selling front 5 star hubs with sealed bearing... just trying to give you some options.

Yeah I've got the loose bearing hub but I think my races are fuxord. I put it all back together and its got play. I figured I'd throw this out there to see if anyone has a spare or they've got a bad rim with a good hub....

Can you direct me to a place to buy the bearings or what spacer you are talking about? I'm ready to do this.... $120 in powder coat plus money to buy the rims and I can't even sport the things :( No bueno.

wiki

wiki'd it and dear god I hate that part of the site.

Found that you can't just get a bearing put in there...... I understand what you mean above now. I found the bearings on ebay. Need to have a slug/shim/spacer made to press into the hub and then the bearing pressed into that. I'm guessing at that point I can run any 12mm axle of appropriate length? Use the Tomos speedo drive?

http://ctrsurplus.com/jaf361201bearings12mmbore.aspx

These should be them, but measure just to be sure.

A spacer can be bought from your local hardware store for $1.50, then just cut it to the proper size.

Not sure about the speedo drive, i don't use speedos, but that would make sense...

THE WIKI IF FOR SNOWFLAKES!!!!!!! they are different than 5 stars and spokes.

Those bearings you linked to are way too large. They are 12x35x12 Too thick and too tall. Need to be 12x28x8. I found them on ebay for $18.95 shipped for 10 of them. What I'll probably do is have slugs machined down to what I need, package them with a set of bearings and sell off the extras.

I'll be giving this a go next week once I find a machine shop to do the work. Might try my hand with the lathe at school... dunno yet....

Your right, you need 6001. They will fit right in, no milling or machining needed.

im in the process of doing this as well, you will need bearing 6001z and a shim.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account