WTB: Suzuki f50 Carb

So I heard back from the suzuki dealer today... No carbs or carb side covers left for my f50... That and I still don't know what the original carb size was for this beast... So I'm hoping that someone out there knows the answers to my questions and can supply me with either the specs for the stock carb, or if they have any of the carb pieces for sale...

I'm getting tired of looking at this..

Thanks~

Re: WTB: Suzuki f50 Carb

FYI,

Already got the reed valves off a suzuki mt50 trailhopper...

what are you going to use reeds for on a rotary valve engine?

measure the ID of the intake. thatll give you a good idea of what size the carb was. it was definitely a clamp-mount carb. and most likely a mikuni. measure the OD and see which clamp mikuni or dellorto or ANYTHING you can find that will mount. if nothing is right, use a shim. if it works, it works. you dont need the OEM carb for the bike to run...unless youre really picky.

that bike is rad. i want it so bad.

"reed block valve":http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110562496223&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It says it fits the f50... and I don't have this part currently on the bike... So I figured that it might be important...

Also, God Bless the Thai..."Thailand Scooter parts":88part.com

Found my carb cover and orig carb!!!

Now if only they don't rob me blind...

Also

i found the f70 cylinder and piston..on fleabay... too good too be true... an OEM kit for this beast!!! I'm so stoked.... It has to be too good to be true...

"f70 kit":http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230466297966&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_7543wt_922

i'm 99% sure that reed valve is not for your bike. that bike has rotary valve induction and the intake is fully visible in that picture. i dont know where a reed block would go, or why it would have one if the intake is already controlled by a rotary valve.

ok... Ballz~

Just another part to go into the wtf bin...

You think that cylinder will work?

i dont know,...why dont you measure the skirt diameter of your current cylinder and the distance between the studs and find out for yourself?

Nevermind!

So after a trip to the local scooter guy, I got's me a newish 20mm mikuni that fit's (somewhat)...

This is my first attempt at tearing down a carb and making it fit my needs... I know that It's sloppy... but it run's (irregularly) and is def not road ready, yet...

Any advise or insight is always useful... Anyone know why I have 2 lines coming from my petcock? and Only 1 fuel intake nipple on the carb??

Thanks guys~

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account