84 Austro Daimler

1984 Puch austro daimler moped vintage scooter Porsche

Description

1984 Austro Daimler Puch Moped 132 (unheard of) original miles! Silver in color. Excellent condition! Even has the original tires (w/90 plus% tread). Seat looks as if it was never sat on). Under seat storage......I don't know much about this moped, I googled it and found it to be 'very rare' and that it also was 'designed by Porcshe' car co. All the parts that are on the moped are original. It's hard to believe something this old looks this good in its' original state. I would definately think this would be a collector's item.

Includes the plastics (chain, engine etc. covers). Though the pictures don't show them.

Though not running now, I don't think it would take much to get it going; maybe just a good clean up. I pedaled it and it acted as if it wanted to start, but had no gas in it and it needed a good carb cleaning.

I soaked the carb for three days in a good carb cleaner.

The fine print: switch housing plastic (light/horn) on handlebars is broken but no reason to think that it isn't functional (maybe super glue could put it back together).

No keys for seat storage or headset lock ( currently unlocked).

needs a choke cable.

Can send more pictures if you're interested.

Make a reasonable offer.

Thanks

Locatation : Toledo, Ohio

Re: 84 Austro Daimler

Picture

1280588450_p1011491_resize.jpg

GET REALIZED! BE HERE NOW! /

Don't you already have this on eBay?

Yes it's on e-bay.

just would like to get other offers in case it falls through.....I heard of people bidding but not picking up product, I'm not going to sell it otherwise unless I get a buyer that doesn't pay....

Terrence Trent GARby /

maybe you'd have better luck if you didn't call it an austro but rather an astro

jeeeeesus i love AD puchs.....

Huh? Says "Austro", I guess I don't get it. Ha ..ha.. whatever.

wow, identical to mine, even with the choke and both switching units (horn, lights etc) are also broken

schmangy it is an austro, says it on the ped, title, and manual.

i wouldnt, but if you have to part it out, i'll deff take some parts, as it is hard to find OG parts from a rare ped.

i wonder how many there are of these out there......who else has this AD?

As nice as this thing is it would be real hard to part out, I haven't found any either, just an article telling that it is rare and that it was designed by Porsche, and that the remaining ones were sent to India... We might be the only two that still have them! Forget the offer, I think my asking price just went up to $25,000.00!!

We had 3 of them at the Polini cup finals last year, might have been the most together stateside in many years. Most were two speeds, that is a one speed job. I have the AD specific light bulbs that are tough to get if anyone wants them. Comfy bikes, too bad Puch stopped selling in the US.

yea, i have one and i saw another dude riding around town here with another one. (like to get ahold of that guy, mines acting funny).

didn't know they made a 1 speed version, it'd be weird without my ZA I would think.

sent to india? why/where did you find that info?

and yes its worth more than what your asking in my opinion, hope you get what you want out of it.

Just googled it and found an article...that info's pretty cool to find out...thanks

I have a one speed AD motor I bought from Harry if anyone needs. I love your AD I sold mine and I should not have, sturdiest moped on the planet.

sam

What'd you get for it if you dont mind me asking? did it run? original?

mines for sale on ebay, 132 miles! and it looks like it too! even has original tires on it that look new....ends tomorrow (Sunday) around 6pm

samta, a "ome speed motor" an e50? you profile sais austro daimler 2 speed. which do you have?

hop you don't mind too much smcdole, I know i'm flooding your page when i should be side-emailing, but at least its getting bumped up right? haha i'll chill...

I'm just north of detroit. I'm interested. got any pics? thanks

Terrence Trent GARby /

the joke was that everytime i see one they call it an astro instead of an austro.... guess it was more of a joke for me

cool shmagy...hey tell empty mag he could do some sweet drive-by's on this "astro" if he buys it!!!

Keep it up there man, I appreciate it!! Moped dudes are cool, whooda thunk it?!

I bought the one speed as a spare motor, I really didn't know it was a one speed motor unti I posted it and everyone said it was a one speed but definately out of a AD. I bought it for 250.00 I really wanted it.

I sold my AD for 850.00 after it was kitted and new everything, I rode it that summer and put 4000.00 miles on the metra kit and sold to a lady who said she had to have it, hopefully its still in Reno. It did 40 ish a was great in the dirt.

I would like to sell the one speed to someone with a AD who's going to use it and no I don't need 250.00 for it. Harry said it was a low miles AD and it ran when they took it off, I can send a pic.

Who's the person with 600 some feedbacks placing so many bids? Looks like a shill bidder. May not be but sure appears that way. Not a normal bidding progression.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account