buy a 77 honda express for $2175!?!?!?

ok, so i know im just wasting my time entertaining this idea, but a guy i found on craigslist was selling a very nice 77 NC50. he wanted $800 for it and it didnt have a title(which you need to have to prove ownership/register it where i live). i haggled a bit with him and we never got within $500 of each others' price range. he wanted too much and was too far away for me to think about buying it, so i forgot about it.

well, he just emailed me again out of nowhere stating he had just completed an auction on ebay and it sold for "$2175." somebody tell me this guy is full of shit!

unless i am seriously behind the times, i cant imagine even a NOS, brand new, freshly revived, always kept in a climate controlled vault example bringing this much.

ive got a very nice 80 NA50 with low miles in practically mint condition. on top of that, ive got the oh-so-valuable title too! if my old ped is really worth over $1000, it'll be on ebay tomorrow!

again, somebody please tell me this guy is full of shit...

Re: buy a 77 honda express for $2175!?!?!?

im calling bullshit i cant even see 400 for one w/o a title unless jesus touched it himself

yea, thanks, thats what i was thinking, youd think the guy even convinced himself that it was worth that much with the way he tried to hock it to me for $800.

maybe it was $217.50 id believe that

i can get 3 expresses for about $550 all with clear titles

I agree - he's FOS! A search of completed listings on eBay back to July 16th shows not even one 1977 Honda Express, let alone one for $2175.00!

buy a 77 honda express for $2175!?!?!?

Are you looking for another moped? I've got some titled ones that I'm ready to sell.

Adam Kollipara /

some states, like MI, you don't need a title, just registration & a sticker. but that's more than 10x what i paid for my '81 NC50 ($177.50).

certainly not for $2100!!! i got mine, which only needed a spark plug, for $80 with title! show me a deal like that and im ready to buy.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account