FS: Fast Moby 40T in Boston: 775.00

A sad day for sure, but the right move. I've come to terms on this sale after long thought. I need clams to register my '74 Suzuki T500 which will be a commuter bike for me in August and this fall.

The Moby has been insanely reliable for me, with over 1k miles on this kit. It's one of the 'original' 70cc Parmakits before the new run got cast for Treats. Push starts in about 7 feet of space every time. Lights, brakes all work great. I built it out in California and brought it back to Boston with me. Love this thing like an old friend.

$775.00 gets you:

70cc Parma case matched

70cc Malossi high comp head with decomp!

19mm PHBG with custom intake

LeoVinci pipe

Varplus variator

Hobbit forks

Dremelled throttle to open further for the carb

2.50 gazelles

415 chain

Custom seat and brake light.

Lights are hard wired so if the bike's running, your lights are on. The wire off the light coil pulled out and left the plug in the socket. You can see the red tape which holds it in there. It's worked great for me for the better part of the last year and a half, with just some minor jiggling every now and then. I would either drop some solder in there, or jam some more copper wire to hold it in.

Anyhow....if you want more info or pics or anything, let me know. It's in Somerville, MA. Selling for 775.00. Shipping could potentially be arranged, but I'd rather deal locally or around New England.

Re: FS: Fast Moby 40T in Boston: 775.00

***Kim Jong illest*** /

i could cry

Yeah man...I thought I would too, but the waterworks haven't started yet.

id so crash on that.

beutiful bike tho

Bumper crop for Saturday. I'd really like to move this in a few days.2

Clinton Saldana /

i offered you that general.. but you NEED money hahha

i want that bike BAD

youre asking way too little!

i want that. wish i lived closer

yeah dude. you should be asking more.

I can't believe it's not gone yet.

Someone buy this.

The price is a hair low, I guess, but not insanely. If I were to keep it, I would be modifying the clutch more and adding a far better engine spring. Since the Parma has so much torque it shifts into higher gear too soon, and once the engine is warm and the clutch is hot, it engages too low. I've been too freakin lazy to monkey with the weights in the Varplus. I suppose that would help the bottom end nicely too.

I'd love to toss an ER3 on there and call it a day, but all my money is being spent on the awesome T500 and my studio right now. I NEED to sell this!

775.00 might be the deal of the year for a totally modded bike! C'mon! Don't make me drop the price to 700.00...........duuuuuuudes.....

Oh, and out in Cali, I had it GPS'd at 54mph into a stiff 25mph head wind. It's fast, obviously.....but not scary fast.....like JayM.

tell me how much it'll cost to ship to charlotte, nc and i'll consider it. already woulda bought it if i lived in mass

not interested in shipping it?

Sunday night bump.

I'm not against shipping, but I think it'll be too pricey. Plus, I'd love to have someone come ride it first. I love it, but it's not perfect. For someone looking to buy, I would rather that it get's ridden first.

alright. well if you get desperate let me know. if it just needs some slight adjustments i can do it, i'm not interested in a serious rebuild because i am in the process of one already. there's really no way for me to get to mass, unfortunately, but i would kill for that bike. that is if you or myself could find some decently priced shipping. keep me posted, good luck with selling.

nice moby. must admit i believe this was one of the first pics of a fast moby i saw a while ago, and my 40t heavily borrows from this ones style. not that the 40t recipe for cool racer status isnt overdone anyways...

Bryson - I just thought of something.

My uncle is living in Charleston right now. He comes to Maine every summer.

If he's there in a week or two and will be driving back (he usually drives), I'll ask him if he wouldn't mind bringing this back there for you. Maybe huck him, like, 100.00 to do it, even though, he'd probably do it for free. That would be a nice gesture.

Awesome, well I would have no problem with that at all. Let me know if that is a possibility.

i never really got to hang out going fast with this bike, but ive seen it blow by me. its real quick. did you ever figure out the starting situation? or is it still the two belt shuffle?

and you getting pipes for the t500?

Wassup, Mike -

Starting issue is all taken care of. Push starts in about 8 feet. Piece of cake. It's not as blaster friendly off the line with the tighter belt, but being able to start easily is much nicer.

No pipes for the T500, although I found a super rad manufacturer in Texas. Not too bad either on price...like, 400.00 for the set, plus shipping. I rode it out to Concord today because my landlady found my bikes(she lives in Seattle for the whole year except for August). It's pretty unbelievable. 500cc 2 stroke is loud as hell and fun as hell...and of course....FAST as FUCK. I'm going to guess 0-60 in roughly 7 or 8 seconds....in fact, it's geared so you can redline it in 2nd gear and be going 55mph. That shit's nuts.

ben, lets race. real bikes.

Ha-ha! Jay. Only a matter of time. Be aware - the T500, like the RD350, could embarass 750 4 strokes in the quarter mile back in the day. My guess is that on an even surface with equal riders, the T500 gets to 100 quicker than the CB750 Four, but after that the 750 pulls out ahead.

I actually need to do some adjusting since my left exhaust is smoking like a tire fire. Dan was driving behind me and said it was choking him out when I when WOT. Haha. The right pipe doesn't smoke at all. That's bad. I need to fix that. I'm worried that there's a ring problem, or maybe the oil injection is jacked somehow. Ruh-roh.....

It was still scary to ride, though. Wow.

Shipping is probably not quite as bad as you think. Fedex.

Also, jaym wouldn't take his bike to 100, so you don't have to worry about that.

LOL - I'm not sure I would make it to 100 either.

Good call about shipping. I could probably also drop it on a pallette and stick it on a train for short money too.

I'm definitely going to see what my uncle is up to, though. That would be an easy answer.

I disagree, man. You'd see 100mph, but as soon as you got there something on that bike would explode. My ears are still ringing from the backfires at 60mph/7500rpm. WTF.

-D

Wednesday bump.

Clinton Saldana /

still want this, ill be packing up the general 6 star if you change your mind ha

Nice build.

I've got a few questions.

Have you been running with no airfilter?

Original engine mounts? condition?

do you have the fenders?

What does the inside of the tank look like?

Is the bottom end stock? How does it sounds (the bottom end) mobies can be clanky as all hell.

6 volt or 12?

Thanks

-Dan (in Maine)

And side panels?

Hey Dave -

Jeeze....I actually do have the side panels. Unreal. Thought no one would ever want those! Has never run an air filter. 1000k+ problem free miles for me. I pulled the exhaust and intake a while ago and the piston is clean and clear and smooth.

No fenders.

Engine mounts are original. You know...I haven't even looked at 'em. 6 volt, but with the hard wire, the lights are bright as hell. Tank is minty mint on the inside. I probably don't even need a fuel filter. I always keep it topped with gas.

Where in Maine are you at? I'm coming up there next week!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account