1979 Honda PA50 II

I bought a 79 Honda PA50 II about 8 months ago off a guy from my hometown for $150. This was my first moped, i was excited to get it running and tear up the streets. I tried but I failed. I cleaned the carb and degunked the cylinder, put new gaskets and airfilter on it. It has a new petcock as well as clean fuel. I repainted the engine block and the original muffler in a high temperature header paint. I also bought a promo exhaust for it. I finally had a guy take it to repair for me and he said the crankshaft was bad and the carb was dirty. But he wasn't sure if he fixed those two things if it would run, so basically i paid the guy $60 for nothing. Anyways, I am looking to either part out the moped or sell as a whole. I live in Iowa City, Iowa and am not sure how it would be shipped if someone wanted the whole thing but those details could be worked out. The only real flaws are a few small dents in the gas tank and the plastic footboards aren't in great shape, cracked and broken. Looking to get $225 for the moped with the Proma Exhaust or $150 for the moped with the original exhaust. Otherwise if there is enough interest i could sell parts individually. I will add pictures when i get home.

Re: 1979 Honda PA50 II

Wow...good deal. I'd grab this immediately if you were closer to Ohio...I'd buy the engine and proma if you were interested in parting...but I bet it'll be purchased whole very soon.

Tate in Madison /

How far are you from Madison WI?

I think I want to buy this.

Iowa City is about 3 1/2 hours away but i could have my parents take it home this weekend, they live in dubuque which is only about an 1 1/2 hours or a tad more.

if you part it ill take the variator and weights.no ramp plate

Oh i forgot to mention i do not have a title, the old guy i bought it off of had it for years and never bothered to get it titled and since i haven't had it running, neither have i.

Actually won't get a picture up until monday or so, i am in the middle of moving and forgot i packed up my desktop already

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account