1987 Trac Sprint top tank complete and clean

1987 Trac Sprint with 1055 miles. I bought this bike from the original owner. Runs fine. Only needs an air box and screws to hold the engine cover down. The battery and turn signals are missing, but it doesn't need those. Comes with the ignition key and tank key. Has oil injection that is functional. Super clean and good looking bike. I'm asking $425 for it. Located in Cincinnati Ohio.

1279159555_img_0145.jpg

Re: 1987 Trac Sprint top tank complete and clean

More pics.

1279159643_img_0146.jpg

And another. Like I said.... clean clean bike.

1279159754_img_0149.jpg

These pictures are actually pre-cleaning. Don't know where the clean pics are of this. I'll have to snap some more to show exactly how nice this bike really is.

heres mine, it needs a airbox too, did they alll have fucked up airboxes or what?

1279161583_1987_trac_sprint.jpg

I'm really not 100% positive they came with boxes to be honest with you. I think they might have channelled the air through that cover and called it good. Now I could be a liar... I don't know. The original owner didn't know anything about it and from the looks of it he's had the carb off it before. So more than likely its in his garage somewhere.

Why not just buy some high flow air filter material, a hose clamp, upjet, and call it a night.

Thats exactly what I'd tell a prospective buyer. I'm done spending money on this ped.

i have pieces of the airbox, but the grommet that attaches it to the carb is shot and it seems to be missing something. I'll probably upjet and get an open air. any idea how many #s up jet for an open air filter slapped on?

Timmy Southpark /

How fast does it go?

It goes about this fast... places palms against cheeks and puls back to simulate a fast look

I'll have an exact number when I'm with the bike this evening.

As for the air box.... see if you think this would work:

http://www.mopedrecyclers.com/servlet/the-1957/Trac-Daelim-Moped-Airfilter/Detail

They got back to me saying it would, but I'm not sure how since I don't see a way to screw it to anything like those ears on it would suggest.

This bike is driving me nuts. Got to working on it last night and the speedo broke. Ok.... no biggie.... just sell it without one. Next problem was that the throttle started sticking and it was running like crap. Figured out that it absolutely needed an airbox to run right. So I tried some different methods and I'm done messing with this thing. Price lowered to $300 as is. Will start and run but will not idle properly.

hey I want to buy your trac I could drive there and buy it today if you contact me soon send me an email andreeerdmans@yahoo.com with a phone number. Thanks

Bike is tenatively sold to the man from MI. Meeting in Toledo tomorrow.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account