FS 1975 Solex 4600 V2

Vintage Solex 4600 for sale. 182.5 miles. It's in great condition, just currently not running. Has compression, getting fuel and air to the engine, just no spark. It could be something as simple as cleaning the points or a new condenser. I haven't taken a look because I can't find a flywheel puller the right size (it needs the 3 bolts that screw in the flywheel and one in the center to push on the crank). you will need to get a new throttle assembly, nut for spark plug wire, front brake handle and mount (brake and cable are fine), decompression lever ,spring and mount. (reason being is they all use the same mount and it was a very soft metal to begin with, which was broke when I received the bike(including original parts). Also part of the crank shaft is stripped, and the nut is still on there but I'm sure you could get it off with pliers or vise grips. The tires still hold air fine and you can ride it like a normal pedal bike with the engine disengaged. There is power going to the spark plug because I accidentally put my hand on the plug while turning the flywheel and it gave me a good jolt. Has new spark plug wire and many new bolts (got fed up with originals). The original shop manual is included however the pages are stuck together. Also included with the manuals is a new taillight lens, which I just never bothered to install because there's no taillight bulb. The magneto also makes enough power to run the front light while turning over then engine and it's relatively bright. These are a great collector's bike and worth some money when restored and running (this one is almost there on the 1st).

Thank You for your time.

Any questions or requests for more pictures please contact me and I'll try to get back as soon as possible.

Sorry, but local deals only.

1278532230_imga0265.jpg

Re: FS 1975 Solex 4600 V2

Also for got to mention I'm locating in Northeastern Ohio near youngstown also near Northwestern PA

im in youngstown... how near are ya? should come out and ride for 2stroketuesdays

anyway.... i'll email you

I live literally right next to the Youngstown airport

bump

You guys are hillbillies

emailed

hillbillies is so 70*s.

the modern term is redneck

how much are you asking for the bike thanks

I'm sorry that there is no price in the description. I was in a hurry when I posted this and copied and pasted most of it from my craigslist ad (which had the price in the title). And It also appears that I can't edit my post here to ad it in now.

But my price is 250 obo

got it running no longer for sale please

Nice to see you got it running, Tyler!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account