First off, I guess I'll introduce myself. My name's Wes & I ride with the Swoop guys out of Atlanta. Even though this is a scooter, a few of them suggested I post it on here. So...
Here's what I've got.
1985 Honda Gyro S
Odometer shows 12385mi
I bought this off a friend a few months ago, when I discovered it collecting dust in the back of his garage. I had heard of these before, but never seen one in person & was a little intrigued. For those that aren't familiar with it, it's a "trike" of sorts, with one drive wheel in the back (the other is just a "floater") & a pivot built into the swingarm. (Do a YouTube search for them & you can find a few videos of the pivot in action.)
- It's pretty rare. They were only made in this country for 2 years (85 &86)
- All original parts appear to be there. All plastic, hardware, ect...
- It's in pretty good shape for a 25 year old scoot that was sitting in the back of a garage for who knows how long. Lights all work. Even came with the key in it.
The Bad: (queue ominous music...)
- *IT DOES NOT RUN* Finally got a chance to take it apart last weekend &, after replacing a few parts (plug, cap, ect) & fiddling with the carb a bit, it's got good airflow, fuel, & spark. It does have low compression though. aprox 65lbs, to be exact.
- It's got the remnants of an ugly weld job on what we assume was a repair to the exhaust.
- A little bit of rust on the brackets holding the front blinkers on.
The goal with this is to get it running and hang on to it for shits & giggles. It's pretty cool, and apparently extremely rare. I figured I would post it up, however, in case there is someone who knows about these & wants to put the time and love into it that it deserves. I like it, I don't love it.
What I'm looking for:
- I'm asking $700 OBO in it's current condition. After looking it over & doing some research, we think this is a fair price. When you can find them, they seem to go for the $1,200 - $1,500 range in running condition.
- I'd also be willing to consider any reasonable trades. (I've seemed to develop a bit of a thing for Targa LXes, but I'd consider anything. I figure this might be a decent option, as we are all short on cash these days & someone might have something that is worth a bit more than what they actually have in it, & everyone wins.
Anyway, here are a few pics of it. Feel free to PM me with any questions/comments/concerns. It will also be at the rally we're having in Atlanta this weekend. Figure it might be a good place to pick it up / swap it out.
- Wes -