Possibly FS: 1978 J.C. Penney Swinger2 in CT

So I have this moped that I would like to get rid of. The engine has new seals and one new crankshaft bearing. Very good shape, it is a dark orange.

Issue: A bit difficult to start when not ridden for a while, need to let it idle for like a minute or else it bogs a bit.

After that it runs fine, idles fine, accelerates fine, starts back up right away. Gets up to like 28mph top speed with it's 12mm Bing. Fun to ride but a bit slow.

Tires have good tread left.

Personally if I bought this moped I would replace the 12mm Bing carburetor and 12mm intake with something larger, 14 at least. Maybe a moderate kit as well.

If you are interested please e-mail me. I work a lot of hours so I may not get to read it in a few days.

The asking price is a bit steep, $375, but I may be open to trades or offers.

Thanks.

I will get better pictures up, probably on the weekend.

Re: Possibly FS: 1978 J.C. Penney Swinger2 in CT

bump

wish this was posted last friday.

free bump for my buddy! check out the vw bus man!

1277656478_74_vw_bus_3.jpg

i would buy this if i did not already have one ped stuck out there.

Correction, it starts with no difficulty using the choke. Rode it yesterday, hit about 30 small hills, 28ish on flats.

After I sell this one I will probably have for sale a rare Malaguti toptank, and then a Garelli top tank.

im more curious about the malaguti. email me pics? AndyLauzierPhoto@gmail.com

free bump

e-mailed with Malaguti pics. I honestly hate that Malaguti moped, I got a bit ripped off and then I had to go out and buy a welder to weld the kickstand and a gas tank bracket on.

bump for the orange Swinger2, don't make me craigslist it.

Bump for my boy!

Don't have to bump, I kind of like riding it because you sit so high up. I might be getting rid of the Malaguti so I won't have to sell this one.

that maliguti is sweet, my buddy picked up a e50 maxi lux green, i got it running mint.

I like the green Puch color, it is cool.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account