FS: Fast/Minty Moby (CHI, WI, IN)

Alright, I don't want to do this, but I think the writing is on the wall for this bike. I now live in CA, and this girl (my first moped) has been sitting in my parents Rockford, IL basement. I fear it will continue to do so unless I either sell it or spend 500 bux to ship it. Sooo, I am going to sell it.

The details: 1979 Motobecane 50v, baby blue:

-Rebuilt (by 1977) bottom end (new bearings, Doppler crank)

-70cc Parmakit (maybe 30 miles, more on this below)

-stock head

-Doppler Pipe (maybe 30 miles)

-Variplus variator

-21mm Dellorto PHBG/intake

-EBR forks/stabilizer

-new shocks

-brand new Sava MC11s

-Reupholstered Peugeot seat

-hardwired

-new bars, grips, controls

-VERY clean paint, tank, wheels

-buddy pegs

The Good: Original parts are mint, and everything else is new. I can supply a CA registration and plate.

The Bad: I put this kit on right when it came out, before it became apparent that the cylinder needed to be decked slightly. Thus, it runs, but not well (and maybe doesn't because it's been sitting for a year). We'll call it a non-runner. I would replace the motor mounts as well (there are peter mounts in there, but one side has wiggled loose).

I want $1000. I know this is a lot for a non-runner, but any prospective buyer who has any business buying this can make it scream with a solid afternoon of work. This bike is beautiful, but not for the faint of heart. The price includes a brand new (in box) Treats CDI (complete), plus an unlimited Yamaha CDI box for extreme rippage. The first few pictures below depict the bike prior to the performance mods (just to illustrate condition), and I took the final pic on the last day i saw the bike. If you are interested, email me at bhelsten@gmail.com. Thanks.

Re: FS: Fast/Minty Moby (CHI, WI, IN)

The primary changes from the first pics to the last are the engine and the handlebars/controls.

sexy

fanks

bump

bumper

- Summerai - Christine L /

BUMP/Fire sale: I'll be back in the midwest in 2.5 weeks. $600 takes it.

Tate in Madison /

Stabilize them forks son!

If I liked Motobecanes I am sure this would be right up my alley.

thanks. they are stabilized presently. Those first pics are from when that bike was in a weird stage.

bump. $600 for a hell of a nice moby.

very nice

Nice bike, you're about 2 weeks too late. My buddy just moved his wife out to san fran and that could have easily fit into the moving van. Wish i had 600 to drop on this...

Mother fucker. Oh well. Maybe someone else will see this and bringer her out.

nice.

shes soo prettty

Per Kvanbeck /

still looking to provide that to someone in the CHI, WI, IN area. and 600 takes it?

Per Kvanbeck /

I am very interested! Let me know how far north you would go into wisconsin. Or where I could meet you?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account