to Moby or not to Moby is the question

there is a Moby 50v for sale near me for $250 obo. i would be buying in hopes of repairing and reselling to someone who wants a classic solid ride. parts look to be impossible to find plus i have never worked on this type of ride. would this be a good investment or a money pit of despair? i already have a few money pits no need to add on to that list.

Re: to Moby or not to Moby is the question

i love mobys, just grabbed my second 40t yesterday, and for a stock bike it rips! viva la moby!

Timmy Southpark /

dont sound like hugh profits from that bike, plus mobys can be annoying to fix. I will say however, parts are not that hard to find for that bike. In fact, what do you need? i have a bike in pieces.

Tony montana /

get the seller as low as possible then buy it, the variated moby will be fun and looks sooooo good. i miss my 50v......

thanks for the info. i took a closer look at the CL add pic and there are a bunch of garage peds in the background. prob someone like me who thought it would be a fun flip and is now dumping it. makes me wonder why... hmm.

How can it be hard to find Moby parts, just call Handybikes.

Wait what? Is this post from 2005 or something? Moby parts are everywhere.

You can buy almost anything you need from someone on MA, if you need most other things, you can go to 1977 or treats. Unless you're building one from scratch or dealing with a bike that needs to be FULLY restored, how can you have any trouble??

Give me a less-than-decent non-running moby for $100 and any part I need today and I'll give you a reliable stock bike that breaks 30mph and would sell for $500 after just a few days of work.

It's pretty easy dude. You just need the right tools and some expertise, knowing what shit to fix before it gives you trouble.

I paid $200 for my moby, it was a great deal.

Yep. Moby's can definitely be fixed on the cheap.

Just picked up a mint 50v for $150, threw on a SHA, and its basically ready to rock.

I got a 1977 50v for $75 a few weeks ago. They are nice.

Derek L TYTYTY /

Mobys are purtyyy

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account