Two 1978 Hardtail Kromags Chicago

Pics to come after the weekend. (They're being stored at work)

They look great, both run, but they're the 1 hp models and slow, I plan on boring out the intake and opening up the exhaust, then rejetting, so stay posted for that. I'm just trying to get a feel for how much these are worth.

CLEAR ILLINOIS TITLES ON BOTH

I was thinking $800 each or $1500 for the pair?

Re: Two 1978 Hardtail Kromags Chicago

I dunno, seems a little high to me. definitely won't get that on these forums, maybe 500-600 if they are really nice on Chicago CL but it doesn't hurt to start high! Good luck.

You got mail!

Is this a joke? There is no way a Kromag is worth $800.

damn dude,,, salty price..

and you say 78' and "hardtail".. what model?

I didnt know they made any rigid kromag in 78...

anyways, if you're here to judge value, maybe 300 each is more fair. or even less, to one of your moped army brothers. maybe craigslist will bring a bit more, but for 800 each, you'll be waiting a l o n g time for a sale most likely.

† CH∆D † /

like 400 for a 160 motor?

I could barely sell mine for 300 bucks and it was pretty nice.

Mr. Know-it-All /

Are they blue?

Yeah but you are in Ohio. People can say what they want but shit usually goes for more here. Probably not 800, and not that I would pay that much but still..

People really like to talk down the value of these things on here and thats fine, I don't like to pay a lot either, but don't you guys know the old saying that anything is worth what someone will pay for it? Well, if these are in good shape then there are plenty of people who they are worth more than $200 to.

Post some pics and you'll have a better chance.

wow thats salty man he picked these up for 300 for both they were on CL in elly lyn i was going to flip them for 400 each at the most....

superghey.

This one dude in chicago CL always sell maxis for 600-800 in waukegan IL, and his never have titles. Im sure u guys seen the ad. Maybe some collector would pay 800 for a stock ped. I would't pay that unless it was like a ups magnum, hell i'd pay 900 or a few bucks more, just because they are so rare.

I was not trying to shit on your parade.

Good luck with your sale.

fuckin haters. When will you learn thats Chicago prices w/ title's, a little much for a Kromag, but not by much

Good luck

HOLY FUCK! Not a bad profit considering you paid $300 for the PAIR.

Put them back on Craigslist and be prepared to wait a WHILE to get your asking price.

WHAAAAT. BAAAHAHAHA, WOW, JUST WOW

yah chicago prices and people would pay. I see most u people not even in illinois and bashing the prices. I can sell my kitted kromag with title for 800 and people would buy!

I was just trying to get a feel. I've been out of the moped market for a while and last I remember, people loved these rigid Free Spirits/Kromags (Yes the blue ones... it's titled as a Kromag, but definitely Free Spirit). Everyone was making mini Magnums and I'd see titled frames alone going for $400 on ebay. I'll probably keep one and sell the other, hopefully cover some costs of upgrades.

Pablo Puchasso /

link to a titled frame that went for $400 please. I'd like to see. If so, I'll be selling mine too... For $799.

Pablo Puchasso /

btw, I got a complete rigid Kromag for $150 on ebay...

i did sell my rigid kromag frame for 300 buxs but that was 2 years ago when the mini mag craz was going on. Chicagos ped prices have plummeted since warbux isn't around to horde huge amounts and charge high prices for normal peds. At least that is what i have noticed also with out warbux the ped scene has died down in general.

U could easily sell them for 400 each and make a nice profit. Your just kinda being greedy i tried that on here and got called out pretty fast.

Either way GL im salty u beat me to them GRRRRR

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account