WTT: rebuild e50 w/ one stripped stud for e50

i dont have time to rebuild

the previous owner jammed some tomos studs in here and then stripped. i got screwed in a deal for trusting someone i never met but who was vouched for. still a clean bike tho...

anyway.

its an e50 bottom, apparently rebuilt (looks good & clean, everything free, fires up and runs well except for the massive air leak from stripped studs)

so yeah, i can't find an aluminum welder who won't charge less than $50... i dont think helicoils or retaping will work.

straight up trade, i can even get you a new case half... i'll pay your shipping (and mine). i dont care. i can pick it/drop off if youre close

email me...

thanks...

Re: WTT: rebuild e50 w/ one stripped stud for e50

ps. this WILL need a new engine case if you cant weld aluminum into this massive stud hole.

bumpin cuz i got fucked and wont be riding this summer! :) :) :)

Overpriced Parts /

Let me get this straight you want to even trade a junk

E50 for a good one ?

I got a good 1 but I not going to even trade you

i need money or parts also

email me with a offer

Im having a difficult time to the PRO's of doing this my self....

let me get this straight?

i dont understand what you want dude

i have a pretty easy fix for someone with the right tools or resources. you have to fill in the bottom left engine stud and retap it or slap on a new case. the bearings are brand new, clutch is 2 shoe and in great shape, crank is great. engine is freshly (from the previous owner) freshly rebuilt and would be a great engine IF i had a welder or knew someone who can do this for me for less than shipping costs. the prices here are fucking outrageous and the turn around time is retarded (2 weeks? i know you run a business.. but its maybe at most if you take your time a 30 minute job if you have just one good hand. ill pay you off the clock for your time, i dont care. whatever)

i can rebuild this engine over the winter... but i work ALOT this summer and wont have time. i really want to get my girl riding and dont want to sell this pinto. im looking to buy an e50 yeah... but i'd LOVE to trade this and be happy. this one would be a great trade for someone who would be willing to take a momentary hit. hell... i'll toss in some aluminum to fill it with.

yeah ill toss in extra cash and make the deal the best i can for you.. basically looking for a favor i can repay when youre in a bind.

how about you email me with what you want for your e50? i already emailed motobrokane about his ad

thanks for the bump and interest. sorry if the deal aint more then covering my dumb ass :/ i appreciate your interest none the less!

you know what, im sorry i even started that last post out as "let me get this straight? i dont understand what you want dude"

im just really butt hurt over gettin taken in on a bad deal and im trying to figure out i can fix this for cheapest possible.

hell, im consider of buying a welding unit just to repair this and not be put into such situations again.

again, really appreciate all the interest and doubt and concern you guys voice. really really appreciate the fact that you still made an offer

just really upset i got burned in a deal and no one in my town will weld this up for an even approachable affordable price (last 4 quotes were at $50, $50 and $75)

wouldnt be sad bad if the highschool were still in session.. they were the best places for quick welding jobs :(

wow. fuck my spelling and typing...

Conrad Conrad /

Buying some cases will probably be your cheapest route. Drop all your parts in and seal it up with yamabond.

Then while you're riding you could get the other case fixed and you'll have a spare case for a future kit.

yeah dude just buy some cases. i think i have a spare set. like 50 bucks? or shit what do you want for that one.

does it have a performace crank?

conrad youre completely right, just really wanted this ready for an upcoming rally and im not sure if i can... im working 60 hours a week right now. i mean its cubicle (which is fucking horrible, but money...for now... which i need a lot) so i do have a lot of internet time but probably kosher for an e50 rebuild ... _although_

should only take 3 hours to rebuild.

thanks for the advice and bump :)

already have a kstar for it too... might as well make time and do it proper

still interested in a trade or buy... when i have a chance, i'll just fix this issue and sell the e50 anyway :/

no performance crank. i'll take you up on those cases - email me about it and we'll talk in the morning.

**probably not kosher

:/

Fish tits Krauthamer /

this is not a rebuild. this is a case swap. that takes no more than an hour. it is a small problem and having the thought that someone else would be willing to "take the hit" for you isnt going to get you very far.

it also sounds like working 60 hours a week in a cubicle might be earning you enough money to just buy another engine or pay the $50 to get the case welded. if you are working to much to work on your moped, it might be a good idea to pay someone to do it for you.

completely agree with the above

emailing andrewhed, i'll suck it up and stay up later one night

working 60hours a week for a reason tho... have to pay back a recent hospital visit and be able to cover some tuition and rent for this summer.

also already emailed someone about an e50 they are selling as well as emailing motobrokane in his ad on buy/sell... so just kinda throwing everything on the table at once.

donno what someone would be up for...take the hit and help someone out buy swapping, straight up buying a new one, trade some stuff around, repairing it myself, cry myself to sleep because im so butt hurt?

Yo I got a set of case halfs for 50 bucks, never been touched by a dremel.

from our own MA b/s forums:

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/2/343006/343006/

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Puch-E50-MAxi-S-Lower-bottom-end-engine-/130400619763?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item1e5c7b8cf3

as a finders fee, i'll take anything extra besides the case off your hands for the $20 initial shipping plus any additional shipping charge.

crank, clutch, second shaft, side cover, head studs.

end result, you get another case, i get spare parts.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account