78 Maxi w/70cc in NEBRASKA!

I have my 78 Maxi up for sale. I want to do a project with my Motobecane, so I decided to sell the Maxi. It is in decent shape, paint is pretty nice for being original. E50 Runs good, odometer shows about 1200 miles. Has 17" spokes, single seat, and I will be putting new tires on it before the sale. It needs is a throttle assembly. It has on, but its broken and will not allow the brake lever to work. It is also in need of a rear brake cable. I plan on fixing the throttle and brake cable before I sell it. Just want to see if there's any local interest before I order the parts to get it going again.

Heres a list of what I've done to it:

70cc Euro kit, case matched.

New gasket set w/ kit install

Boss chrome pipe

14 mm Bing w/14 intake (had a 12 stock)

IRC tires

Bike master Club man handlebars w/ nice new grips

new fuel filter and line

Replaced the broken taillight.

New NGK spark plug boot

16x45 gearing

It has done 41 mph according to a friends GPS, I think with a better carb it has more in it. I have over $600 in the moped without adding up some of the parts I've replaced, and not including the few things I'm planning on fixing to get it completely up and running before I sell it. I'd like $550 for it! I will get some pics up in a day or two.

Re: 78 Maxi w/70cc in NEBRASKA!

lets see pics!!!

Maxi pics

1275606345_p6020006.jpg

pic 2

1275606462_p6020007.jpg

pic 3

1275606589_p6020009.jpg

bring that down to the KC rally this weekend.

Sorry, I wish I could bring it to KC... but I'm going camping at Gavin's Point Damn in SD this weekend. I could deliver it within a 3 hour radius or so of Lincoln, Ne for the cost of gas.

bump

I am interested , but cash is a problem right now trying to sell a PS3 and an XBOX360 live in Omaha

how about delivering to Denver for gas here and back?

wait nevermind didn't see the $550 price tag I thought you wanted $400 for it so nevermind! offer withdrawn :X sorry!!!!

I still need to get the new tires on and get the throttle and cables replaces, it will probly be a week before I get it ready. Email me if you want to see it sometime after next week

I am headed to lincoln tomorrow for a film at 430pm will be there about 3 due to poor planning sure you dont want to show it before next week

You can come look at it tomorrow its cool, I get off work at 4.30 so if you can meet after that sometime that's fine. I got the new tires put on, so that's done but I still need to get the brake cable and throttle done before it's ready to ride/sell. I'd sell it the way it is, its just that I'd like to deliver a quality moped and not a project. I'll Email my number to ya.

Bump... Willing to sell it as is now, OR I'll put it back to stock and sell it for $350! It ran PERFECT stock, only 1200 Miles on the original cylinder & piston

How much would you want for it if you included the stock parts along with the upgrades you made on it?

I'll throw in the stock stuff for the $550 price, pretty much includes a stock pipe, cylinder and piston, and handlebars. I guess some tires too.

Sold... pending payment anyway!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account