WTB getting a friend into peds, good starter?

I've convinced my friend to jump into the world of mopeds. He said that if I can find one for him he would definitely look into it. Age isn't a factor but speed is, he'd like to get a bike that can do 35 with minor part upgrades maybe even 40? I don't know if that is reasonable though. So I'm thinking Tomos and Puch but let me know what else you guys have got laying around for sale.

Re: WTB getting a friend into peds, good starter?

Garodney Gentzel Motor City Riots /

I have a very nice garelli rally sport ... 1980 does 30-35 mph now stock. Runs and rides great !! email me for pics if interested. I also live just north of Detroit and Friday the 28th, is a wrench and ride at my place in Royal oak, MI..

Rgnitrors4@woway.com

honda PA50II and tomos A35 both respond well to simple bolt-on mods, such as carb upjet and pipe.

hobbit: notch variator (free) to get 2-3 MPH more after aforementioned mods. mine did 38MPH with vario upgrade, proma pipe, bigger jet.

tomos: with stock gearing, my A35 hit 38MPH with tecno bullet pipe, high-flow filter, and bigger jet. better top end could be achieved by upgearing, but at the expense of off-the-line power.

JC Penney Pinto with a Boss pipe hitting low to mid 30's. Very reliable bike, nice chrome, decent tires & brakes. Just a nice bike all around especially for a starter bike. Send me an email if interested.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account