RD60 on craigslist

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/1703473082.html

looks pretty nice. price is tad high.

Re: RD60 on craigslist

want that shit soooooo badly

There is one near me for 800 dollars...so perfect and nice, with drop bars and a title...sooo tempting. Gotta sell some shit first

I really love mine. it's nimble and reliable like a stock moped but much faster. mine is red but it came in a wicked nice blue color too

It's been up for sale forever. I think the issue is that motorcycle guys think it's too pussy. And moped guys would rather spend 700 on a sick moped that is just as fast...

I had the bike for sale last year.

I got it running mass better, vinegar treated the tank, and cleaned it heavily.

I have seriously had like 20 e-mails with no call backs.

And its not fast, its just pretty, and somewhat rare.

And if someone from out of state wants to buy it I will meet you half way with negotiation.

And I will trade it for an Arrow R.

Yes they're faster than a stock moped, but not even close to a properly kitted one. The engine design on the RD60's cannot be tuned to produce much more power than stock.

I loved the look of mine, but the lack of power and heavy weight was a drawback plus for some reason every other bike missed the Yamaha quality control line...I've seen better welding on Jawas.

yeah the welding is terrible but the welding on my 400XS sucked too. I think that was just a product of the 1970's. The welds were strong enough, just not pretty.

I think it's torquey enough, an extra 5 mph would go a long way though. stock, 53 mph is no problem on a straight away with no wind. (hills slow it down though! .. it accelerates faster than a moped but no where near as fast as a bigger motorcycle) that's not horrrible for 55cc..sure it could have been tuned better though. the bike only weighs 160 lbs! There's new scooters out their with way bigger engines that don't go much faster.

it's an awesome looking cafe racer..wish you could get a better pipe for it!

Hey man, I emailed you about it (from FL), I'll give you a call in a bit

I'm sure you could hack and weld or even get Motomatic or one of the other custom pipe builders to make a pipe for you...

well I'd want the pipe to still look pretty and chromed and that would be serious $$

This is really for one of my boys when they get old enough ...I'm holding out for a nice RD350 (don't have the 4K in loose change yet)

Don't get me wrong I love them...it pained me to sell mine.

nck082, I think i sent you my phone number, if not just e-mail me again.

I've seen this thing in person, its really really nice.

sold

I tried to buy an RD60 from a motorcycle shop / junkyard, the guy wouldn't budge on $400. It had a rust filled tank, no stator, no headlight, ripped seat, only one side cover, and no title. Was a sweet shade of blue though. Its sad because it will just sit there and rot some more because the jackass won't take a reasonable price for it.

there is one in muskegon michigan for 275

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account