Correction: Morini Risers

Michaelt can get some awesome morini risers made to fit the polini / malossi reedblocks! The only problem is that more people need to want them for it to be cost effective. He quoted them at being around $50 when finished, although since he

Re: Correction: Morini Risers

bump. come on guys, ditch the puny morni reed block!

bump it

You know they sell 4 pedal blocks for the morinis...they are a little expensive and hard to find, but they are out there.

will not work in the og morinis.... only the v1L..

My biggest thing is that I want to buy a bigger carb, so this is the route to go for that. The size of the intake on the polini 2 petal piston ported reeds makes it overkill to use a bigger carb (I want a 18-21mm)

you can have a flat plate of aluminum cut to size and have a strait bar welded to it...rubber mount.

But it wouldn't help the tiny hole in the "stock" polini 65cc morini reedblock kit. This conversion lets you use the way bigger polini / malossi reedblocks that the puch/peugot and tomos bikes can use.

I'd just make my own and not bother using a 4 pedal reed block...ed made some pretty nice morini intakes..or buy the rizatto one and mod it.

these risers let you hook up the reedblock housing from the polini / malossi kits. then you put whatever intake you want onto the housing.

The riser. will work on the .. gila/polini/italkit made old school reed valve conversion cylinder kits.. only.. as the .. reed opening is nice and huge for the wide/bigger reed cage.

you can make.. a nice intake to..

buy v1 polini intake .. cut it.. yes! cut ! it!..

cut your morini intake.. .. yes cut it!..

tig weld together.

bang!. instant m1 intake.. open the holes in the flange to whatever the hell you want!..

1271794150_picture_109_medium.jpg

Ed, that's what makes me wonder...why would they put such a small reedblock in such a big opening?

That intake looks great, I still want the bigger reeds though! :)

hmm pressure..

Crazy wayne.. help this guy understand.. how the reed flow works.

yay.. we love wayne..

them fast bat outs. :)

Stock intake is small, but I'd do exactly as Ed did...if I could weld aluminum, but I know someone who can...then find that 4 pedal reed block made for the morinis and bam...

did you cut the new transfers in the case for the gila cylinder?

I'm planning on putting a BRN kit on my morini...we shall see how it goes...looks delicious though.

Ed, yes i cut the new transfers. I just think that the bigger reed cages would allow the engine to breathe more, also I really want to try out those new boysen 2 stage reeds that treats has.

I do feel that going from the 13x13mm opening of the polini reed block to a 20x35mm(ish) opening must be some sort of improvement....

That's what i'm talking about! For me the biggest push for this was building my morini alongside my father in laws 80 yz60 haha the cage is SO much bigger. It was funny just to look over and see the difference. This is why i really want the riser/ polini and malossi combination.

You are still limited by the size of the intake window on the engine. The further you pull the reeds away from the case, the less productive they become. There is a time delay and you are adding case volume.

I can see what you are saying, but at the same time the nice thing about these risers is that you can try the kit both ways, its not permanently modifying your case.

Yes, Mike does nice work...I'm not dogging that. I think its good to work/thing/try out side of the box. I'm just personally working on something else..so I wouldnt buy this.

bump, has to be another person that wants this!

bump

bump

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account