Free Spirit Top Tank Conversion Frame

I have a Free Spiriti frame with a crossbar welded (filet-braised) for a top tank. Designed for the Pacer tank I just sold. Combination of getting lazy with this project -and finding a story book deal on an really nice Magnum... Someone who wanted to

Anyone want this? Pick-up in Fairfax, VA for... $25.00. Shipped... I don't know? How much will it cost me to ship it... like 50 bucks? $75 to the lower 48? You could always braise on some tabs to put a Magnum tank on it, I suppose... It's rattle canned black. I'm open to offers/trades for Puch stuff -particularly sport MK II or Magnum MKII fork tubes (which will fit a 5 star axle).

1270695922_dscn0885.jpg

Re: Free Spirit Top Tank Conversion Frame

another pic

1270696033_dscn0886.jpg

pic 3

1270696153_dscn0887.jpg

pic 4

1270696249_dscn0888.jpg

last pic

1270696311_dscn0889.jpg

how much would it cost shipped to ca,92407

thank

Did you weld that yourself? I'm in the process of picking up one of these and just curious on how the welds hold up.

Yes, this was welded by me with an OXY MAPP set-up. If you attach it like I did, with a filet braze, then you have to miter the countours carefully, so that there's enough surface for the welds to hold up. Use Nickel-Silver also -and make sure to clean and flux before welding. It has held up well.

To California... I don't know -like $100 shipped?

Yea definitely looks like you took your time and did it the correct way. The free spirt top tank frame I'm looking into getting was welded by someone else, so I'm hoping they will be in good shape still.

bump...

Bump... Anyone want this thing -I've gone back and forth, thinking about rekindling this project... but I'm basically positive it's never going to get done, as I keep sinking more dough into my Magnum.

I have good set of Free Spirit/Mag XK forks, as well as a Maxi swingarm and shocks I can throw in -oh and two Maxi Fenders also. 50 bucks for all, picked up in NOVA/DC. Or could take it to Richmond.

Is it in your name? or do you have a title?

would you do the frame for 50 shipped to seattle 98036?

text me at 425-770-6876

No title. And no -it would probably cost me around 50 just to ship the frame and swing arm to Seattle. I'd do $100 shipped to Seattle -and I'd include the maxi swing arm for that price.

Email sent. I'm local!

Deal! what's your paypal, sir?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account