FS/FT Pacer Super Sport (full resto project)

I have no illusions as to the enormity of this project....

whole and rolling chassis with a stuck (maybe not seized, maybe just weathered) franco morini engine. Best possible (and frankly, unlikely) case, the engine can be torn down cleaned and rebuilt and the chassis blasted, primed and painted and bolted back together.

Even though most major bodywork is just surface corrosion and the frame is solid the forks and rims are unlikely to survive a sandblasting. I will have to swab the inside of that tank to be sure, but it is pretty solid and should blast clean just fine outside with no pinholes. controls and cables and wiring harness are surprisingly whole.

Honestly, i have not laid a finger on the engine yet and im keeping them crossed that a good soak loosens everything up and its useable. I dont think the topend is seized, but wont know for sure til i wrench on it.

My feelings wont be hurt if folks just shake their heads sadly at what a shame the slow agonizing death of relatively uncommon top tank this is. BUT before I start to seriously consider taking on this much work, I thought i would put it out there for someone with more resources, skills, ambition, etc that I have ha.

Offers? Trades? I am still looking for a built 70cc 505/1D setup possibly including a skillfully built Clutchzilla and pipe, or at least an athena 50 or 70 topend and a good looking aftermarket pipe to go with it that still flows with my 5star generals bodyline. Or just a good topend.... or?

basically, you tell me ----- if i dont have the cajones to commit to a full restoration myself, then whats this whole Pacer SS worth to you in parts/whole/trades?

1269611271_pacerss1.jpg

Re: FS/FT Pacer Super Sport (full resto project)

Dude I love the Pacer SS but that one is pretty rough . Id save the frame , swingarm , tank , and motor . The rest is pretty much more work then its worth . Even the good ish parts may be questionable . But do save those things if you can fo sho .

yard art

yeah, its a heart breaker.

but like i said, i dont have unrealistic expectations, just hopeful I can work out something while finish my 1D toptank.

if not the complete sachs athena 50 or 70 performance topend I was hoping for, how about other trades - any or a combination of: good sachs-ready pipe? a pair of X-star (not snow's) sachs mags with hubs and hardware?

or lowball cash offers for parts or whole so i can finish my sachs' title paperwork?

I have a like new set of sachs snowflake 17"ers. I'd be interested but I would need you to ship the frame/forks/motor/swingarm/tank and controls to me

emailed....

Snowflake mags are ok, especially if they are clean and complete with hardware and rubber. If they were complete stars mags id be even more interested, but regardless, ippreciate the offer and i will check into what it takes to get the parts you want ready and shipped and let you know if it washes out as worth it.

I dont mind tearing down and packing/shipping just the things you want... i just wanna be sure i dont end up underwater on shipping these to a new home when it might have been more cost effective to just buy mags hahahaha.

yeop yeop, not trying to send you out to the water. I'll look around I might have a set of tires that you would want to use but maybe not. These wheels are so clean, they deserve some new tread.

I will give ya $120 bucks for the engine and frame/ swingarm setup.

DEAL. emailed....

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

Wow..and I thought my pacer resto was rough. Before pic of mine

is in my profile..lazy to take an after pic.

can i please have the tank. good god it's beautiful.

kody says the deal is on for the frame/swingarm/harness/motor.... pending paypal

after that, this pretty much leaves the tank, seat pan, bars, controls, headlight/speedo/few odds ends... trade for a 505/1D athena topend? other?

I'm interested in the handlebars with the controls and cables, headlight/spedo, and tank.

crazy but true.....tank is absolutely FLAWLESS INSIDE! literally like new inner surface.... cap outer edges are a little crunchy, entire outer surface is rockin that faded oxidation gritty petina but is solid, good mounts good petcock

Emailed

1269721003_photo_2.jpg

More pics for other people.

1269721039_photo_3.jpg

UPDATE Pacer Super Sport (full resto project)

ok....

everyone in the post and emailed...

i'd still be happy to sell you the whole frame for $30 plus the actual shipping costs shipped, or for just $25 pickup in person.

but you dont want this engine... in fact, much to my disappointment, believe me, no one wants this engine, while the clutch side is pretty much perfect inside, the rest of the entire engine spent its later life full of water, mud, hornets nest, the bottom end crank side and the top end is pretty much a terrarium in there...

the 14mm Dellorto carb and franko 14mm intake held up pretty well tho and is cleaned up ... $25/shipped

front and rear fenders, chrome is good, braces need wool and painted, $25 shipped.

handlebars are decent, most controls and wires and cable are there, speedo attached, good speedo cable $25 shipped

tank is beauuuuutiful inside, kinda rat bike cool lookin on the outside, $40 shipped

oh duh...and by now you know trades for sachs topends in any flavor athena 50 70 or 80 or even just a clean portworthy 1D stock topend or gainalli pipe etc is cool with me for some or more of the pacer ss stuff.

Tank sold.

Bars and Controls sold.

Frame available $25 plus shipping or pickup in person.

Both Fenders available $25 shipped

Body Fairing available $15 shipped

Rear Taillight with wiring $20 shipped

could have gotten rid of it all to me...ohh well.

he seems like.. to part every..

another sir chop?

Fuck it, the good parts are gone, the rest will sit in a basement somewhere.

sir chop? untrue and hurtful... If i was chopping for sport, id plaster ebay with every single part and cable and lever and lightbulb.... but thats a shame.

I only bought this one because i was hoping to resto for our own use, but after beinging it home was heartbroken by the damage. this poor bike was terribly neglected and the only parts with any life are the parts i saved, the rest was literally vaporized. all i did was save someone else the time and identified the parts with any life left :)

Robin offered a set of mags and we talked earnestly about shipping, but it wasnt a good match on shipping costs

.... BUT the frame is reasonably usable as are the fenders, Id pay to ship these to someone in even trade for a sachs 70 kit and gianelli

the couple other salvagble parts found good homes on needy bikes

How about a dollar figure for the complete bike.

I'll leave it at that.

buy the bike or not robin. i want my tank.

Cant get it to WB3. Seems like it wasnt meant to be.

alright folks.... Kevin is confirmed as -out- on buying the entire bike (no hard feelings, but shipping cost just doesnt wash for him after all)

SAM/poochypuch, paypal me back and Ill get the tank shipped.

Mike/gnarle01, youve got dibs on bars/controls/speedo and i will email you the total with shipping.

still have:

the clean Pacer SS toptank style frame with engine mounts and swingarm (solid but needs serious blasting and paint)

$25 pick up or plus actual shipping costs

the plastic body fairing insert $15 shipped

both fenders (good chrome, braces need sanded and painted) $25 shipped

tailight and wiring $20 shipped

the 14 dell carb and airbox and 14 intake is ok (except no throttle cable and no disc air filter) $25 shipped

good engine side cases with plugs and seals and an ok head $25 shipped

im also looking for sachs trades (505 1d topends, kits, pipes)

Said willy wonka to the wide eyed guests of the chocolate factory, "...strike that, reverse it".

With the strained understanding of Sam, Mike and others who emailed on parts..... ALL SOLD in its entirety to orangerobin as he pursues yet another toptank resto after the kHz caravan hauls it out to WB3 as part of their 2000 mile round trip!

That was probably the most round about back and forth way I've ever bought a bike. I'm gonna be soo happy when it works out. The kHz guys are making a really long trip. I'm glad I can hook them up with some gas money and they can hook my bike up with a ride.

On a side note, I have a garelli top tank for whomever asked about the tank its got new paint and the inside is nice.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account