stupid ebayer

i just bought another motor off ebay, complete 103 motor, 96 shipped. description said "great compression" i get it. no plug, seized as fuck, cly and piston, scored to fuck, stator/ flywheel = super fucked. stator plate is all chipped up and cracked by hammers. flywheel nut is gone, crankshaft is seized, and flywheel nut threads are stripped off shaft. flywheel is quite obviously beaten w/ framing hammers quite often. shit is fucked.

guy's either real dumb or a rotten theif. if they don't come correct, i'm posting their stupid ebay name one here. i asked for roughly a 40% refund. pretty reasonable i think. they promise " used, but useable parts."we'll see...

a moped motor, that doesn't come w/ a moped on it, is usually fucked. by my experiences on stupid ebay, i did get a complete, almost nos,78, unfaded, 103 body/frame/truck/rack + swingarm + fork + fender and hardware for a hundo, one time.

but FTS! that dude better hook me up!

Re: stupid ebayer

File a claim and get a refund. I've done it several times. Kind if a hassle, but better than getting stuck with crap.

what was his user rating before your sale? if it was anything decent then they will prolly work with you to keep it strong. if they are some doucher then waste no time and file a claim.

I almost bid on that motor. File a claim NOW get a full refund.

Did they type the description in all caps? Thats a dead give away to a crap seller usually

Yeah dude, just file a paypal claim. If you won it on eBay and paid via paypal, you are guaranteed to get your money back. All you need to do is request a full refund because the item was not as described and return the motor. I'll hook you up with the postage to send it back if you want

i just want 40$. i took the whole thing apart already. some of it's ok. but that description was junk.

Yeah man, you can file a claim requesting a partial refund too. Let me know if you need any help!

id still kill for a spring haha sad shit man, i wish it wasnt like that

Tony montana /

i just got a paII engine, complete with carb, plug and everything except exhaust, for $98 shipped and runs perfect. i always ask questions first and check out the sellers personal page and selling history. if you arent happy the sooner you file a claim with ebay, the better.

Um why did you post this in buy/sell?

Ha ha . toni921 . Im pretty sure I was the one bidding against you on that motor . You must have wanted it bad . My every bid was outbid . Just curious , What was your max bid ? At least I got the bare cases for 15 shipped .

I've been forced to do the "file a claim" thing only a few times...no guarantees to get your money back even if you do everything right and meet all deadines. One paypal claim was closed in my favor but I got no money back. Imagine that!? Sounds like ebay recently changed their buyer protection policies so maybe it's better now. Let us know.

Yeah, they have a new "full purchase protection" policy that guarantees your full purchase price can be refunded as a buyer.

Sellers are definitely the ones at a disadvantage.

xxXxXX XxxxxxXX /

some people say they don't like ebay's changes recently but i like the added protection, i've been buying more now that i know if i get carp that i can get a refund. Only really works with people who have a high feedback score though, otherwise they won't give a fuck about ebay consequences. you should be able to get a partial refund, if he's got good feedback already and doesn't wanna risk it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account