rust off chrome?

I have some annoying rust I can't get rid of, and I don't really have the means for electrolysis or phosphoric acid and all that jazz. Anyone know a product that gets rust off chrome?

I've tried turtle wax chrome polish and rust remover. Not impressive. Tried another similar product, not impressive either. It makes the exposed chrome shine, but there's still rust.

???

Re: rust off chrome?

use steel whool..the kind that has the blue soap shit in it..i used that on an old 50s schwinn fender and it took a minute but it got it lookin damn good

#0000 steel wool.

Steel wool and a dril with a wire brush atatchment on it. Do not let the wire brush hit the chrome. Only use it to hold the steel wool so you can spin and scrub the crap out of it. It worked on a cast aluminum pot I had that was oxidized bad.

P.S. Not my fault it you mess anything up this way.

scrape real nasty rust with a penny. The copper won't scratch chrome

wad up some aluminum foil and use some coca-cola...it does work.

fallout Survivor /

Steel wool , those solutions for cleaning rust off plumbing,

deep rust scraped off with a razor blade srapping Not perpendicular,

If you an find it, stannous chloride solutions works really really well..

If you use chemicals you must rinse well.

After cleaning you need need to wax or it will just reappear again.

First of all,

Wrong Forum Fuck Face

Second, as many 0 steel wool as you can find, it won't scratch your chrome. Steel is not as hard as chromium.

But really. Some elbow grease and a little extra time will be better then a drill. And then use your chrome polisher stuff. Take before and after pictures. You'll be impressed. I always forget to take the before ones.. usually I have a during one..

Good luck.

(No you cannot find Elbow Grease at an auto parts store)

DAM' Fairchild /

try some wadding polish, i believe eagle one makes it. i use it on EVERYTHING i restore.couldnt do it with out it.

thanks all, sorry for posting in the buy/sell, my mistake.

evapo-rust... I havent used it myself, but saw some parts somebody else did, it was amazing, at least right after they came out of the stuff... harbor freight sells it...

www.por15.com

Its the fucking shit Bitch

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account