Boston: OT FS/FT Umm...DT125 project.

Yeah i think i made a mistake. Picked up a Yamaha DT125 project today thinking it'd be a good project to get me into small cc motorcycles. Yeah, well its a small bike, but its too fucking heavy for me. I'm 5'6" and a buck forty...not a good fit. I haven't even been able to get it out of my car yet. I should of looked up the weight before going to pick it up...cause me riding that thing comfortably just isn't ever going to happen.

Its a project, thats for damn sure. No title either. Needs tank, carb, and misc small parts. Engine spins free. Its needs a total rebuild...filthy and rusty lil beast. Good news is that parts are cheap and easy to find. Or part it out.

I'll trade it for moped shit or dough. Just get this thing away from me so I don't have a reminder of what a weakling i am around. yeah i can take a picture of it hanging in the back of my car tomorrow. I'm in Boston.

Re: Boston: OT FS/FT Umm...DT125 project.

oh yeah, its a 1974

electric start?

let me get back to ya on that...jsut went out to confirm that it is a 74 like the guy said, but too dark to see anything. this thing is a real beater.

i'll trade you a set of e50 cases w/ drive gear, clutch and ignition with an open port cylinder & head

brandon, didn't see an email on your profile. email me at jhc.design@gmail.com to chat

ps...at work...will take photos later and confirm its a 74.

wait a dt125 should only weigh about 270lbs at tops. I had a dt250. I dont know how tall the 125 is but i would think it would be to tall for you before it would be to heavy. 300lbs isnt that much. They dont make em much lighter?

hell no a 74 dt doesnt have electric start. it has a kickstart that will break your foot. DTs are fucking rad. what did you buy it for?

i got mine for 500, cleaned the carb drove it for a while then got hit by car. Fixed then sold for 1500!

dude i don't know about the height/weight logistics...its too fucking heavy for "me"...does that fact really need to be discussed more? lol.

the 74 model had both the kick and electric start. i believe it was the only year that had this.

pic attached, snuck out of work and took one before the sun went down. like i said...needs a complete rebuild...look at that nasty beast!

still trying to read the vin plate. on friday i have the day off and i'll just take the wheels and engine off and haul everything inside in pieces...take a better look at the details of this shit pile.

1266892053_dt125.jpg

those dt kickstarters will rip your leg off. hahaha

1974 DT125's were electric start. Only the 125 had the electric start, which added somewhat to their weight. Still, a dry DT125 only weighs 225 lbs or thereabouts. Not saying its not too heavy for you, but thats what they weigh. I don't know what you guys are talking about the kick starters, my DT starts easily on the second kick, and it's not a hard kick at all. They're fun bikes.

Oh and all DT125s of that batch had electric start. 73-76 I think? Maybe 74-76. I think the 125cc AT1 before it did, as well.

james: thats why you dont know what we're talking about. repeatedly try starting one that keeps misfiring and it'll ruin your shin.

jackson, try riding a CB750 or something some day. that DT125 is not heavy, but if its too heavy for you, i guess its too heavy for you. no arguing with that.

Pictures or i aint biting!

Weird I posted pics last night but the post isn't here anymore! On. My phone will post again later.

Oh wait it did post. Look above. God I hate cell phones. Lol. Basically its a frame, wheels, complete engine, electrical, and seat.

Ps to answer an earlier question. Paid 40 for it and then 30 in gas to drive to get it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account