FS: 2 Montgomery Ward (Columbia) Open Road Mopeds

I'm looking to sell this pair of matching Montgomery Ward Open Road mopeds. I bought them for projects, but haven't had time to work on them.

Both mopeds are complete, but aren't running. The engines are not seized. These have Columbia/Sachs engines and Bing carbs.

These mopeds need a little elbow grease to get them up and running. It shouldn't be too difficult to fix one up and use the other for parts, or just fix them both. I'm asking $450 or best offer for the pair. I have a printed copy of the original manual. I might be willing to part with the 78 Pinto in the picture as well. Shoot me an email at victrola_radar@yahoo.com if you are interested or have any questions.

I'm located in Muskegon, MI.

Pictures: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v400/sunnyday37/Mopeds/

1266368275_p2154996.jpg

Re: FS: 2 Montgomery Ward (Columbia) Open Road Mop

I live in Minnesota, and i would buy them if i was closer. Steven

Your photobucket asked me for a password to get into your album....what is it??

I changed the album settings to public. You should be able to access it now. -Adam

waddup with those pintos?

The Pinto 2 works great. The yellow Pinto worked fine last spring but wouldn't start in the fall. I think it has a minor issue with the clutch cable. I just haven't been able to work on it inside.

Prices on both Pintos? (separate prices)

I'd like to hold onto the Pinto 2 (unless the price was right). $300 for the Pinto would work for me.

Can you get a better picture of the yellow bike? I already have 2 yellow pintos...another would be awesome.

Brian,

I posted a few additional photos of the Pinto to the album. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

-Adam

Looks like a decent bike. Unfortunately I picked up 3 more project bikes this past Sunday. I didn't hear from you for a few days, so I bought something else.

Ended up picking up a 79 Hobbit, 81 Maxi, and then a 78 Pinto2 (silver) - just like your other bike. I'd have to sell off some other stuff to be "allowed" to purchase another. My wife would kill me if I bought yours without selling some of mine.

The columbia in the attachement has a solo not a sachs engine I wish I was close to you im set on owning the largest collection of non running columbias....2 deep so far.

That looks very similar to a solo motor.

Are you up to trade + cash? im in kalamazoo and can be up there in no time. if interested email me, i hate looking on this forum every 7 hours to see if its back at the top. ha! cool2coolr@aol.com

Do you have any Columbia parts? I need a headlight with speedo and cable.

Thanx

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account